Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 2)

Twas better when the priests were raping all the children

5 Likes

And ‘churching’ new mothers. The absolutely twisted fucks

They’ve inherited your trait of not respecting orders from others then?

2 Likes

Is that where they weren’t allowed back into the church after a miscarriage?Happened my mother.

Or a birth. Proper fucking weird

1 Like

They had to be absolved of their sins. Go to the priest and ask forgiveness for the sin of childbirth or miscarriage. Absolute fucking bastards and the flock no better.

Yeah it was done on the steps of the church she told me,in front of everyone.

Stillborn were not allowed to be buried in consecrated ground once upon a time. I knew a man whom I since learned whose job it was to take away the little corpse from the father and bury it secretly in its family plot. He would often get a knock on his bedroom window at night to rise and do this in the depth of the night.
I’m sure there’s been others in other communities who did the same.

16 Likes

My late mother refused to be churched. She just went into mass and walked up for communion.

7 Likes

“I’ll church you’ is what she said :grinning:

Like something from a William Trevor story

1 Like

Fairy forts were often used also. Tragic

Proper order. What a shower of cunts.

3 Likes

I never heard that one

1 Like

Nor I

Something I hadn’t seen before, and it’s very wrong. A chap I worked with in the past, who hired me for my present company, passed away suddenly. I worked with him for around six month when he made a heave against the MD but it backfired on him and he was out. The best way to describe it is the company had its Keane/McCarthy moment. On RIP an Anon poster took a dig at the MD, albeit in an indirect way. Very bad and very wrong.

1 Like

Tis bad when RIP.ie will require mods

3 Likes

Ye’ll be paying for it soon enough.

T’would be ideal getting the oul mass said and all.

Irish Times have bought it so you can expect moderation in the form paying to submit copy to post

Don’t they get enough off the undertakers?