Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 2)

From what I read there, bidenā€™s son, who has a fairly horrific history of substance abuse, was being paid inordinate sums for access to Joe.
The son emailed his own daughter saying ā€œat least I donā€™t make you pay me 50% of everything you make, unlike dadā€

What like Joe was blackmailing him or something?

I was bag packing in Dunnes Jetland there yesterday for the club. Havenā€™t been bag packing since pre-covid times. Thereā€™s a couple of things of note.

Pre-covid Iā€™d say about 1:10 would refuse the packing offer. Itā€™s now down to about 1:3. I blame mostly Covid for this.

Thereā€™s lots of foreigners coming shopping now. They of course contribute highly to the refusals. You get the ā€œyou must be mad kind of lookā€.

People are shopping now as couples. Friends, sisters, partners. So now they have two pairs of hands to do the packing. Some shop together in the one trolley, pay separately or whatever, then have to pack separately as only they would know who owns what. The lone wife shopper is almost gone. She was great. Always contributed a nice few coins. I used get offers to to come home and unpack them as well. Not any more unfortunately.

The people who do contribute seem to put in more. A fiver or a tenner isnā€™t unknown.

Lots of people, especially single males, have no cash. Excuse or not, I donā€™t know.

There used always be one Dunnes employee ā€œon the tillsā€. Attending to whatever problems might arise on the lanes. There was three there yesterday keeping a close eye on things. Standing with arms folded watching a ā€œparticularā€ till. Perhaps there was training going on but they seemed to be watching the customers rather than the employees. Once a ā€œparticularā€ customer would pass through, theyā€™d move on to the next suspicion. These new filing cabinet type bags seem to be a favourite of these ā€œparticularā€ customers. Youā€™d hide a nice bit in and under them Iā€™d say. No packing with those customers of course.

Alcohol purchases are way down. Perhaps they go to the off-licence outside the tills.

Iā€™d say itā€™s not as lucrative as it used to be, but a nice little earner all the same.

Keep ye bike in a shed if you can at all kid.

No offence to you in particular, but ye should fuck off out of it. People should be allowed to pack their own bags in peace without being shamed into paying you lads. Most Limerick people would rather eat money than give it to a cunt of a club like NaP anyway.

Again, no offence pal.

19 Likes

I live in Dublin mate. We donā€™t have sheds.

Or houses.

1 Like

They are looking at the young lads now. Your pushing on kid

The Bidens are up to their neck in corruption in Ukraine and stealing Russian gasā€¦ But weā€™re not allowed talk about that on TFK.

3 Likes

Dunnes always keep about 20% of the lanes free of packers. So there is a choice.

As for your second commentā€¦

1 Like

Unfortunatelyā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a shameful way of money raising alright. A cunt of a task

2 Likes

I donā€™t know of any easy way of making money.

Charities are a lot more deserving than bogball clubs mate.

2 Likes

Have a specific project in mind. Have accurate costs for the project. Present the whole thing professionally and explain the benefits to the community. Youā€™d be surprised how people will step up and support it.

1 Like

Iā€™m having a bad tfk day today. Everybody is down on me.

If I go out for a pint, Iā€™ll surely slip and end up in the regionalā€¦

11 Likes

everyones always down on everyone all the time unless you ended up in the hospital, then everyone would be nice to you for a while. mightnā€™t be the worst thing that could happen

2 Likes

Water off of a ducks back to you Iā€™d say.

I post on another forum and was accused of being xenophobic and a racist today.

Itā€™s upsetting me.
Iā€™m heading for pints now to drown my English sorrows.

2 Likes

You never struck me as a racist.

1 Like

Donā€™t mind those cunts, youā€™re a great lad and much respected around here.

1 Like