Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

would you ever fuck off with yourself

2 Likes

ā€œThe other main issue with transā€¦ā€ is not the beginning of a sentence oozing tolerance.

2 Likes

I donā€™t ever read her posts. Iā€™ve no idea what she says apart from the article posted above, in which I think she is correct.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a real militant toxic pro trans movement out there getting people cancelled and plenty apes happy to back them ā€¦ See the Harry Potter lady and lead actors of the movies as an example.

Mental shit.

6 Likes

Are ye arguing about sex or gender here lads? Or do we think they are the same thing?

1 Like

The usual loons here trying to rationalise this, typical.

1 Like

I have no idea

Identify as a gender versus the sex you are born into and the characteristics of said sex are completely different tho. There is absolutely no sphere where someone who has undergone the full benefits of male puberty can fairly compete with a woman in competitive/ physical sports. Whether it be professional or amateurā€¦ Thereā€™s a reason they segregate boys from girls in soccer at 13/14ā€¦ How can you suddenly argue to reintroduce them as adults just because someone has changed their sex later in life?

Iā€™ve no problem with people identify as whatever they want but itā€™s ludicrous to think s trans woman is ok to compete with a woman. On your other point, I think there is a difference. They are trans women, not women.

12 Likes

THIS Anyone who disagrees with that would be best off being launched to the arse end of space.

1 Like

You canā€™t change your sex though. We are animals. You canā€™t suddenly change from male to female biologically. You can change your gender - how society has chosen to view people of different sexes. Social construct and all that.

Fair point but you know what I mean - chop off bits and present as other sex.

Iā€™d be against trans women competing in ā€˜eliteā€™ sport but drawing a line as regards what is considered elite is obviously problematic.
The trans topic is obviously fairly divisive, you can see how itā€™s going here already, some me of the usual suspects in both sides, a couple of apes obviously but generally sensible.
Iā€™d say weā€™d need to have some personal experience as on a family member/friend/work colleague to transition to gain a greater understanding of the issues, this forum isnā€™t the place, I wouldnā€™t quite call it ā€˜toxicā€™ but itā€™s definitely something masculinity anyway

1 Like

So you would have no issue with it in the GAA?

Itā€™s very complicated. Like at what point do you feel someone should be called a woman? Any time they simply identify as one? Would you be comfortable with a man fully pre op sharing a changing room / toilet with your daughter? What about half op? ā€¦ Iā€™m not trying to paint trans people to be any more a danger to kids than your average personā€¦ But you are a fatherā€¦ And those are female spaces. Just asking what would you feel comfortable with yourself?

are you doing the usual thing of reading things that arent actually written down?

can you outline the loons who are trying to rationalise this? Quoting posts where it is rationalised would help see what usual loons are rationalising it.

2 Likes

Go ahead itā€™s obvious what your view will be. Edit, I missed your inane post already you must have splinters up your hole for all the fence sitting you do.

Another post debating nothing anyone said.

1 Like

Are you going through early stages of dementia?

You know her story right, what happened with regards her medal and the athlete that defeated her afterwards?

A lady I know has a daughter who decided aged 5 they wanted to be a boy so heā€™s been a boy since. I think puberty is approaching so not sure what happens then.

Iā€™m not sure if the correct term remains daughter or if he is now her son. Itā€™s a minefield.