GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

I haven’t read down through all the posts and lads might ridicule me for saying this but I reckon ODonovan and will ODonoghue are very similar to Lynch and Baker in the 90s.

What did I do in a past life to deserve this nut soup…

375x500.249

They’re not entirely dissimilar, in terms of pairing an enforcer (Baker/WOD) with a linkman. Lynch was a bit more swashbuckling than DOD and tended to get up the field a bit more.

If Will O’Donoghue can add scores to his game it will be hard deny him as a modern great. Just really effective.

Interesting point – but I think Clare duo were better. But so hard to compare, when set up of hurling is so different.

I don’t know about a past life but you’re a fair ignorant cunt in this one

375x500.249

It’s tough to compare as the battle terms in which WOD and Baker would engage in are different. WOD is an outstanding tackler and just swallows up ball carriers which wasn’t needed as much back then while Baker would just dominate lads when the ball hit the ground and win whatever breaks were there which doesn’t happen as much these days.

Both are/were very effective at what they do.

2 Likes

But will he add scores? Doubtful?

Are you a smelly cunt as well? you look like one actually

2 Likes

He regularly chips in a point in fairness.

1 Like

WOD is a major factor in Limerick moving from the 2018 Serious Contenders to the 2020/2021 Dominators. No one can get the better of him in midfield.

3 Likes

Haha that’s a fantastic analogy and so so true

1 Like

Yes, very doubtful, that’s true. Huge part of the team’s evolution from 18. I’ll be interested see does he get his All Star this year.

A head-to-head monster.

1 Like

1 Like

He probably does and I’m not noting it enough. Its probably an unfair question I’m asking of him anyway, I’m a bit muddled expecting the Darragh Donovan, Byrnes long range stuff on top of all the rest he does.

If he doesn’t get an All Star this year after being messed about last year it’s all the one.

1 Like

Nice summary. To me, WO’D is the better all out hurler and will last longer.

Fella, you’ve made a show of yourself for hours on end today. I’ve no problem pointing that out to you or anyone, and I’ll do the same for any other poster on here.