GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

a newfound preoccupation with throwing around horrific inferences because you were challenged and then not having the stones to admit you were wrong, apologise and retract it.

Yes, but every county is at that. Some just throw it better than others :grinning:.

I have been saying privately – even burbling on about it to friends – that the handpass should be completely banned. Would improve hurling and led to fewer rucks and more direct play.

did you infer anything horrific about them

thats a lie, unless you count mushrooms and pictures of random women in America as friends… Or the bottom of a glass of whiskey

Creeping about any women lately mate?

Tony Kelly is the best player in Ireland.
I love Declan Hannon though.

1 Like

Tis an awful pity that you weren’t vocal on this in the midst of the naughties when Kilkenny were in their peak.
The thrown ball is known as a Kilkenny handpass down these parts.

1 Like

This is fascinating to watch

2 Likes

buckle in boy. I’m only getting warmed up

The Limerick lads don’t really get it, do they?

I think it’s a bit more difficult to be consistently outstanding as a young lad these days, when they are all massive, all fit, all dedicated and can all hurl, and management teams can look at and negate an outstanding talent at that age.
A big advantage an outstanding talent had in the Cody era kk, and currently in Lk, is that they are surrounded by excellence in a settled structure. Fires to put out everywhere for the opposition.
It’s the frustrating thing about Galway 2018-2020, they had six good forwards, but never really a settled structure.

What are you afraid of @Malarkey, you know what you did was grossly wrong.

Just be a man about it. (yes, that was a Toni Braxton reference )

Limerick bias aside, if Cian Lynch was greedier you’d be talking about him as the best. Not saying Kelly is greedy, but Cian looks to pop it off to a team mate 9/10 times, whereas Kelly will take it on himself. Does Cian need to be more selfish? Or maybe he doesn’t have the range Kelly does.

Lynch is well able to score but not like Kelly does. Kelly can’t do what Lynch does either though, no one can, the range of his skill is phenomenal.

It’s like comparing a Ferrari and a Lambo really. I give Kelly the edge because despite carrying the main threat time and again, he keeps producing time and again. CL has, by necessity, less special attention from the opposition is my thought, because the entire side are so fit, strong and threatening.
I certainly would talk about CL as the best, I just think TK is better, and a nicer hurler. I’ve never seen TK pull a nasty stroke.

1 Like

Thoae rucks, now a central part of the game but not in the 2000s, are indirectly caused by the handpass. If the option to handpass in tight circumstance did not exist, most of the rucks would go.

Cian hasn’t pulled enough of them.

He has that ape hegarty to do most of it.

1 Like

Lynch has better players around him.

Hego to you.

1 Like

I have a hego numberplate