GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

You stay right where you are my son, you’ve done nothing at all wrong. The Limerick Mafia stand behind you. And this is a Limerick forum.

I didn’t mean that as a dig at all. I’d have you as one of the sounder lads here. Just reckon you need a break from it if it’s pissed you off to that level.

maybe I do need a break, but what he did is beyond what is acceptable and what is allowed pass over as banter. It was bad minded, full of intent and down right devious and then he goes and doubles down on it.

You can sit there and say how you’d react or wouldn’t until he says the same about you, then come back to me

I think you’re overthinking the whole thing. A quick trawl back sees some unsavoury comments and observations from assorted parties. It’s a forum board, shit gets fired about, some take it overly seriously and some brush it off. You’re beating yourself up about this as your nemesis has moved on and is rabbiting away on this very thread while he has you seething.
The Let it Go meme has been the best advice, do it and move on I’d say.

3 Likes

@Big_Dan_Campbell
would it be fair to say that Mark Landers finished off Ollie Baker in 1999?.. obviously that day Colin Lynch looked well beaten up against Mickey O Connell and was badly exposed, fellas in some quarters did refer to 1994-1997 as the so called " golden age " of hurling but one could counter and say in my lifetime certainly these could have been the poorest quality years ive seen the game played at inter county level.
We talk here that the cork team ,lets say 2003-2007 was very underrated - i consider the 1999-2001 and 2008-2010 teams as different entities really so i dont agree with a previous poster who spoke about the Cork team 2000-2010… and yes i would say that 2003-7 side is underrated BUT they annoyed people which was why they werent held in high regard…
is it a fair but controversial point ( and im open to being shot down here) that the Clare team of 1994-1998 was vastly overrated? You had some terrible plodders there, how did Liam Doyle win and all ireland medal?.. when you think back to 1999 , was Jamesie O Connor out? himself and macmahon were all time greats did carry some amount of dross on their backs , we would have to agree on that

I appreciate the advice Boxty. But you can’t let someone say what he said and for the cunt to expect no consequence from it. He isn’t a nemesis, I barely had dealings with him at all.

I argued a point about a specific GAA rule and he seemed to think an acceptable outcome of that was to insinuate what he did about me, he carefully chose his words in order to it. If you think that is acceptable, and would accept that said about you, fair enough, I don’t and won’t and will continue to ruin every topic he bares his dark shadow over, the miserable cunt. @Malarkey - that’s you in case you missed it

Liam Doyle was a fine hurler.
Stick to soccerball and atin hummus.

4 Likes

Don’t leave or he wins.

He’s an insufferable arsehole full of his own self importance.

Stick him on ignore and never give him a second thought.

2 Likes

I won’t ignore what he did. If I’m here I’ll ruin every discussion he gets involved in. He thinks he can go around pontificating about all stars after what he did.

I won’t share any space with the fucking freak. Again, that’s about you @Malarkey

1 Like

was he?
In terms of say John Gardiner or Hailpin he’d be miles down the list, and im thinking of players that came him directly now, Timmy McCarthy for all his critics had him strung up a few times i saw him play… that’s a useful benchmark

Did you just say that Sean Óg hAilpín was a better hurler than Liam Doyle?!

A better athlete, yes.
Better known, yes.
A more effective player, that could be debated.

But a better hurler, fuck no. If anyone was a plodder between Doyle and hAilpín, it would be more hAilpín than Doyle. Doyle was a lovely stick man to be fair to him.

2 Likes

When you see your county win that much you soon realise it’s overrated and needs to be kept in context …

1 Like

If a fella thinks Liam Doyle is a plodder then it tells you all you need know about who you are debating with

7 Likes

While McMahon was imperious at nr 6, I always felt Doyle was the most important member of that half back line, with Daly the weak link.

Daly was a man who was happy to hurl ball and let his man score a few points at the same time. Doyle would just dominate his patch

Liam Doyle was a far better hurler than those two you mention. That Clare team peaked in 97/98, the Cork team you are on about peaked in 04/05. Doyle is a good bit older than O’Halpin and Gardiner.

I don’t think there was a weak link, Daly was a super hurler, McMahon was a superstar, Doyle was a fine hurler. Of the three I’d rate Doyle lowest,

Don’t quit on us @EstebanSexface, it’s shit what’s allowed to slide here sometimes but that’s it, you’ll get over it,

1 Like

Yeah Doyle preformed a shut out on numerous high quality forwards, just went quietly about his business and probably didn’t get the recognition he deserved.

1 Like

@EstebanSexface can’t just quit posting like, he needs Rocko to delete his account

Weak link probably the wrong wording, but I felt the other 2 were more valuable to the team. Daly was a great captain though.