GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

There won’t be many Limerick fellas left on TFK then they will run for the hills

2 Likes

Great coaches elevate players to another level. Look at some of those Limerick lads pre and post Kinnerk. Granted they won harty and u21s and in many ways resembled that cork group that I referenced above, but its the coaching that has unlocked that talent.

I look at a lad like Diarmuid Byrnes. He is transformed under Kinnerk. Rob Downey reminds me of Byrnes. I think Downey with the right coaching will leave his previous form behind him.

2 Likes

With this summer, we can winter anywhere. We wintered long enough with no summer

2 Likes

Next question is which coaches are on Kinnerks level?

I believe Furlong has proved top class at the level he has coached up to now. Whether he can carry that on into senior intercounty is the question.

1 Like

Improvement leads to buy in, leads to success.

Yep but instead of who?

OK, say ye’re man Furlong proves to be Kinnerk’s equal. That’s a big jump, but let’s just say he does.

Is Kingston a good enough manager? Because I can tell you, Kiely is phenomenal.

And we’ve not gone near the players yet. Like, is the ceiling really there?? Is there enough ball winners? Is there anyone that’s going to reach the heights of Cian Lynch, is there someone with that ability?

That young lad Joyce can only play one position and they’ve massive holes at 3&6

I agree with all that. I dont think anyone will be the equal or close to Kinnerk. Our coaching can only improve as it was non existent.

Joyce will need a couple of years. He is still u20 next year.

@fenwaypark the Wilik situation… he is the real deal an could probably choose any sport to exel at… a lovely family also… believe his mother was a serious athlete
the worry down below is that he will go the way of Kieran Histon and Mick Daly and move on , now those lads jumped to progress football careers and mick won an all ireland medal in 2002 or 3… better than passing balls in to me playing corner forward on castlelyons back pitch i suppose and us getting hammered…
we a see a bit of that at home- hartnett as well from Russell Rovers back in the day but from reading Donal ogs book ive a feeling a few lads from their handball alley sessions put him up to that

So who fixes 3&6 by 2023?

He is the type of lad that would excel at any sport. He is the real deal and hurling mad. He went to cbs especially to play hurling. Cbc tried to poach him by offering him a scholarship after he captained cbs to win Rice Cup. He is physically imposing, he did not lick it off the stones.

No quick fixes. Downey will go 6 id say. Joyce at half forward for a year or two would do him no harm.

Ben O’Connor is a lovely prospect too. But I’m told he could go the way of Darren Sweetnam with the rugby, this true @fenwaypark?

i dont know if he still plays for Pirates
i know he is winning titles on the track also… or was at least

He plays out half with Pres. You could not begrudge any young lad choosing to go down the professional route.

Serious athlete. He was the only lad to play on the winning minor team this year that was not on the age. He will lead cbs to harty cup in 2023.

1 Like

They’ll be ready for a rugby renaissance