GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

He said Murphy got the goal, some chap called Pugsy :man_shrugging:t3: and Kelly obviously got the other three spots.

happy to see ive facilitated a healthy conversation here today after that sorry debacle earlier…
that 1999 MSHC final is a great trigger

invoice etc @Rocko in the mail

Ill progress this @fenwaypark
2000 was that an all ireland absolutly left behind or we we simply not good enough? getting beaten by Offally was not great now at all after a cracking MSHC final…2001 then Barry Foley beat us @balbec in the Park with that sideline in what i will say was one of the greatest occasions i was at…fuck it the place was heaving, dead head, humid , not a puff of wind the last great Munster Hurling championship game at the park IMHO…christ above that was a day for Tom Humperies- it was utterly epic…Foley’s score, the rock’s hit, sean og in the car crash… jesus
2002 then we were a sorry mess, galway hammered us and then the strike

2 Likes

question for lads
was there a greater ground then the old park on day like that in 2001… tipp clare also in 1997… it was an incredible place

5 Likes

Probably not.

The only complete bowl in GAA stadia, created a great atmosphere. Will have to forgive the ‘improvement’ to the seating that had to be partially sawn off.

In particular, MSHC '96 and '01 were great days for Limerick.

1 Like

3 limerick lads must be disappointed

Quaid, Dan Morrisey and Gillane missed out

Ah the 2001 match vs Cork was one of the top, top days following Limerick. No hopers, we went into the dark room that day and came out with the win. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Was it the lead up to that game Cregan discovered Corks “secret” with the light Cummins sliotar? :sweat_smile: I was in the open stand and at the final whistle was hugging conplete strangers around me, sheer joyous nervous energy being released. The whole MSHC was played in Cork that year for some reason (development work at Thurles maybe?) they were some great days, the place was absolutely wedged for each game.

The new stadium is obviously a completely different experience but the 2018 round robin game vs Cork was another great day, probably my favourite match day experience of 2018. The walk back into the city, a hape of porter to look forward to, chatting to supporters from both counties happy with their lot for the evening.

I loves going to games down in Cork. Heading down at Easter this year for championship will be an unusual one alright. Hoping for a Saturday evening game.

2 Likes

8 Likes

12 (Twelve) :eek: By God.

The three lads unlucky to miss out.

When was the last time the All Ireland runners up didn’t get one?

A disgrace that Nicky quaid is not on that team. An absolute disgrace

23 Likes

Hasn’t happened before.

“The Green Machine still rule the hurling world and no one can get close to them”

2 Likes

There you go now lads…

10 Likes

Another TFK exclusive

2 Likes

Eoin Kelly (W) got one in 2008 and Johnny Dooley got one in 2000.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Oh I believe you, I was just trawling back through the records to see if there were any other close calls.

Buff will lose his shit altogether

2 Likes