GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Conor Prunty gave an exhibition of Full Back play in the AI Semi Final. If you were at the game you would have noticed it. We all saw what damage the Limerick forwards did to Corks FB Line in the Final and the quality of ball delivered in. Bar Gillane’s Point from play, in which he should have scored a goal, Prunty won most of the ball in their tussle. Dan was superb on a super team, but he no way had to face the same onslaught of quality ball as Prunty did.

6 Likes

Sad day for hurling when a genuinely classy operator like Jamie Barron is omitted for a couple of big bullies in the middle of the park.

That’s the way its gone now I suppose.

1 Like

he was let foul Gillane for 70 minutes. That’s the simple truth. He should have conceded at least 6 or 7 more frees than he did.

Fair enough if that does it for you, but he couldn’t stop him any other way. When Gillane got the ball in hand he cleaned him

Mate, I still play Full Back (At Junior B Level, mind) and that’s all I do for 60 Minutes as well. Part of playing the position.

5 Likes

Oh cripes, wait until @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy sees the geographical location of the 15 All Stars :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Mike Casey did the same to Johnny Glynn in a 2018 final and got derided. I don’t think he got an all star either.

2 Likes

not getting blown for fouls is worthy of an all star. ok.

Prunty retired the great Joe Canning and gave a display on the great Seamus Callanan too.

Morrissey was destroyed in 10 minutes by Jamie Barron.

1 Like

Limerick confirmed as the greatest team of all time.

11 Likes

take a paracetamol and put a flannel on your head and go back to bed boy, today will be no good for you

3 Likes

The Limerick crowd behaving like Tipp after Seamie being robbed of hoty in 2016 and they after getting 12 All Stars. You love to see it.

6 Likes

@Fat_Pox will be delighted.

I think Hego and Flanagan are a touch lucky. Think Gillane and Morrissey are very unlucky.

How many did Tipp get?

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

They’re Green. Be grand.

I think there’s a fair argument there now to split Limerick in two.

1 Like

Flanagan had his best year for Limerick and is thoroughly deserving. I’d agree on Hego - bar the final he wasn’t near the level of last year. Tom Morrissey was septic in the Munster semi-final but blossomed as the year went on. DOD can also count himself lucky enough - if awards are given for excellent consistency, as his seem to be, then where the fuck is Nickie Quaid? A ridiculous omission.

Harnedy can count himself unlucky not to be named. Excellent all year and he was the one Corkman who broke his bolllix in the final when his colleagues had long jacked it in.

4 Likes

How did Tony Kelly get one? Which of his 3 games did he do wreck in?
1-1 from play in a loss against Tipp
0-2 from play in a win against Wexford
0-3 from play in a loss against Cork.

Did he tap over his frees extravagantly?

2 Likes