GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

So actually getting to the final counts against you?

Shane O Neill should surely have got one as the major plank in the Limerick success.

3 Likes

:musical_note: On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…

12 All Stars and the hard done by Three :musical_note:

2 Likes

You’re not rated as a good team unless you do a back-to-back or achieve at least 12 All Stars.

Only the greatest can do both.

2 Likes

Yes when you make an error.

Cork would probably have got one if they’d lost the Semi Final.

I know the Limerick lads think Hurling was only invented in 2018 and don’t really understand the intricacies of the All Star Selection process but this is pretty basic stuff.

361 unread posts.

3 Likes

jack o’conners goals were nearly identical in both games, yet Murphy gets the all star, because he didn’t get to the final

You should have taken my advice earlier Dorothy and stayed in bed

1 Like

The standard has been set. If you fall below it, you fall below it. It’s difficult to take but elite sport is ruthless.

Like, I’d have great respect for any of the greatest teams of the past and it gives me absolutely no pleasure whatsoever to see teams I admired growing up being surpassed like this.

Thrse Limerick bastards are destroying our memories, our nostalgia, our whole belief systems.

3 Likes

I wonder will there be a special meeting of referees this year on the “Limerick problem”.

14 elected on the first count🤣

1 Like

I presume Premier View is down today?

Fire Explosion GIF

4 Likes

@Lazarus we’ll get one of those All Star posters sent up to you for the pub.

10 Likes

Fionnan Sheahan the last time he was on Tonight With Vincent Browne.

Behave now Fagan! Certainly the 1st in Abbeyside anyway. Don’t think our friends across the bridge have one.

Delighted for Conor, well deserved honour for an absolute gent.

2 Likes

I don’t think we have seen the best of this Limerick team yet. Second half Munster final v Tipp and first half all Ireland final this year we’re near perfection but they haven’t done it for 70 minutes as they haven’t needed to and haven’t recently had a team push them and go toe to toe with them all the way. It will be good to see how they respond to it. I don’t think character is in question like it is for some dominant teams in various sports because they showed bags of it in 2018. Waterford and Galway look the most likely challengers to me in the next two years. Cork are a coming force but this Limerick team will probably be past its peak by the time Cork arrive.

1 Like

The 12 all stars of Christmas pub crawl / a pint in each parish of each recipient / 3 in the well

If Dublin were less negative they could be semi finalists . Real potential there.

Grame Mul is very unlucky given his club form