GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Kieran McGeary comes across as an alright sort.

3 Likes

Dublin got 9 last year for beating the Cannon fodder in Leinster, Cavan and Mayo.

Tyrone beat 4 teams who will play Div 1 football next year.

A bit of critical thinking required here. With the back door gone the last 2 years the All Stars have been picked based solely on the semi finalists.

The semi finalists in 2020 were made up of Cavan, Tipperary, Mayo and Dublin. It is reasonable to suggest that Dublin had at least 9 of the top performers from those 4 counties. The semi finalists in 2021 were made up of Tyrone, Kerry, Mayo and Dublin, the undisputed best teams in the country over a large number of years.

Tyrone getting 8 All Stars from competing with those 3 teams is doing remarkably well.

1 Like

It’s actually refreshing to see a player so comfortable being interviewed. Just seems like a relaxed, sound, intelligent fella - he considers the questions and answers them in an unfussy, informative way.

It was a nice note for the programme to finish on and I’m feeling better now. That scurrilous attack on the Ferrero Group had put me in right bad form earlier.

13 Likes

A new low here tonight, I wouldn’t be a fan of the oul Ferrero meself but like any consumer I have a choice to purchase or not, weird behaviour to describe a chocolate product as not being fit for a dog.

7 Likes

if the confection under discussion was a Tunnock’s Tea Cake it could have got proper nawty.

1 Like

There’s some dirty rotten bastards on this site. But I’ve seen it all tonight and cunts having the temerity to attack Ferrero Rochers… What would the ambassador say?

1 Like

Was it?

Why was it when Dublin played cannon fodder and had an easy path.

Logic would dictate Tyrone beating 4 of the top 8 teams in the country en route to Sam would yield more All Stars than Dublin beating 1 of the top 8 teams in the country en route to Sam.

Yet the inverse happens, it’s hard to fathom but tokenism awards had to be handed out to Dublin and Kerry.

David Clifford and Tom O’Sullivan had big semi finals against Kerry so you could make a case there but Paudie Clifford? On the basis of - beating the cannon fodder in Munster. Promote the Kerry brand, yerra, yerra.

They are a joke so it’s not really any surprise. McNamee deserves one, second time he’s been robbed of an all star along with 2015 when he was the best full back in the country. Rian O’Neill put in the individual performance of the season against Monaghan, McAnespie had a superb year.

It’s not really that I feel Tyrone were not awarded enough All Star I could understand if guys like McCarron, O’Neill and McAnespie got them but 3 Kerry lads compared to 7 Tyrone players when you consider the paths they had just seems utterly mad.

What was the joke with Ferrero Roche’s?

Missed the show earlier

As a general point anyone who goes visiting someone’s house and brings a box of Ferrero Roche’s as a present deserve every bit of abuse they get.

I picked up a box of those also for meself.

A noble titbit.

1 Like

You shouldn’t feed chocolate to a dog in the first place. It can kill them.

6 Likes

It’s actually not fit for a dog kid.

Firstly I don’t have a dog and wouldn’t be familiar with their eating habits and secondly I presume the product in question is on sale for humans the barb towards an esteemed poster was obvious and his profession in my opinion

1 Like

This thread has thrown up one unbelievable controvassy after another this week

1 Like

Anyone that doesn’t like a Ferrero Rocher is entitled to their opinion. The weird bastards.

Whay they are not entitled to do is to formulate an attack over a sustained period of time on a man’s living. Fucking scurrilous carry on.

5 Likes

It was the fact that he used the ferrero rocher as a vehicle to have a sneaky attack on poor @iron_mike. A dirty, snide, underhanded, cork effort it was. Everyone could see it.

3 Likes

Thank God Esteban isn’t alive to see it.

4 Likes

Live shot…

16 Likes