GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

I had a few question marks over ages

You brought age as a barometer into it… no need to get angry when you’re wrong

I had genuinely forgot they lost until you mentioned it.

Hurling was the winner. The game supersedes everything. There was north of 70k at semi finals that year.

As custodians of the game, all we want is for the sport to thrive.

We’d get absolutely no pleasure in winning by playing some sort of cross between Rugby League and Tennis like is happening the past couple of years. Like when you have 2 men and his dog turning up to All Ireland Semi Finals and have to rent a crowd from Ticketmaster for the Final yet still can’t break 80k it tells you all you need to know.

Ye had better knuckle down so, ye have a lot of work to do in Tipp.

They celebrate All Irelands from wins over Antrim and over Kilkenny teams with no knee cartilage all the same.

1 Like

He’ll change his mind in about ten years

Incorrect, 45,748 at LK v KK, 68,728 at CK v TY.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0813/1068616-tickets-for-sundays-all-ireland-final-on-general-sale/

Do carry on though I find your inane and most often fake news ramblings great craic

1 Like

2 Likes

Anyone know if there’s been any betting odds offered for HOTY since the three nominations? I’d imagine a lot of Limerick supporters are sitting on Nash dockets at 100/1, would be curious to see what he is now. I’d imagine he’s the outsider of the three.

Voted on by players is it? A split vote could see TJ winning

Gway…

2022 Football All-Star Team

Goalkeeper

1. Shane Ryan (Kerry – Rathmore) – 1st award.

Defenders

1. Chrissy McKaigue (Derry – Slaughtneil) – 1st award.
    1. Jason Foley (Kerry – Ballydonoghue) – 1st award.
    1. Liam Silke (Galway – Corofin) – 1st award.
    1. Tadhg Morley (Kerry – Templenoe) – 1st award.
    1. John Daly (Galway – Mountbellew/Moylough) – 1st award.
    1. Gavin White (Kerry – Dr Crokes) – 1st award.

Midfielders

1. Conor Glass (Derry – Watty Grahams Glen) – 1st award.
    1. Cillian McDaid (Galway – Monivea Abbey) – 1st award.

Forwards

1. Paudie Clifford (Kerry – Fossa) – 2nd award.
    1. Seán O’Shea (Kerry – Kenmare Shamrocks) – 2nd award.
    1. Ciaran Kilkenny (Dublin – Castleknock) – 6th award.
    1. David Clifford (Kerry – Fossa) – 4th award.
    1. Damien Comer (Galway – Annaghdown) – 1st award.
    1. Shane Walsh (Galway – Kilmacud Crokes) – 1st award.
1 Like

Seems to be fair enough team.

Sean Kelly and Rian O’Neill blackguarded there. Jason Foley a very fortunate recipient.

7 Likes

Not the first defender to be given an All Star without marking anyone. Rogers is very hard done by. Rian O Neill should have gotten one instead of Kilkenny. Kilkenny is fortunate enough to get one, albeit he did carry that Dublin team this year to be fair to him, but that didn’t get plenty of other lads All Stars in the day.

Lovely to see so many first timers though. A real changing of the guard.

Fossa now has 6 All Stars and more to come. By God, whodathunkit. Between this and Fassbender its really exploded onto the National stage.

1 Like

Well done @TheUlteriorMotive

2 Likes

A proud day for the parish of St Laurence.

2 Likes

They usually like to throw in a random fella to create a bit of discussion, they seem to have avoided that this year. Ethan Rafferty would have been an obvious option for that purpose, but instead they went with Ryan.
When you see his performance in this years final, Shane Walsh winning his first aged 29 is incredible. Had he been from Ulster he would have been hyped up enough to have a bagful by now, a lad like Conor McManus has 3 All-Stars.

I’ve never even heard of Jason Foley

1 Like

Quality full backs seldom attract much attention.