GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Kilkenny will get four - Cody and Lawlor nailed on with Murphy, Butler and TJ in the mix for the other two. Butler probably the one to miss out as Nash, Morrissey and Lawlor are nailed on.

Whelan will get the Galway A/S as it hasn’t been a great year for standout forward options. Gillane, SOD and Cody are nailed on in the forwards. Tom Morrissey should also get one. Meaning TJ will get the fourth Kilkenny A/S and last forward slot.

Byrnes and Hayes will be the wing backs, Conlon will probably get centre back - Be interesting to see do they try and shoehorn a lad in at midfield. Bulter, Cian Lynch, TK, etc - the two limerick lads are in the box seats to get the spots but wouldn’t be surprised to see WOD maybe miss out especially if Quaid gets the keeper spot.

8 limerick
4 Kilkenny
2 Clare
1 Galway I would expect

Wod will get six ahead of Conlon I reckon.

Then TK will get midfield I’d say.

That’s what will happen imo

WOD is nominated as a midfielder. Tony Kelly is nominated as a forward.

As one of Cahalane’s biggest critics when he was woeful altogether, he put down a great year and was well deserving of a nomination, more so than Joyce in my opinion who looked like he was half burnt out all season. To be fair to Joyce he’s put down some serious mileage in recent years with club and county across the grades.

2 Likes

Id say foty will be awarded to david clifford and joe mcquillan

Michael Fitzsimons’ pocket surely the front runner?

Yes, but it’s not a meritocracy. Besides , maurice has already gotten his shift covered once. He’ll hardly get another smoking break

Or his big ‘low and slow’ smoker

Murphy
Dan M , H Lawlor, Nash
Byrnes. Conlan, Kyle
WOD, DOD
Tom M, Tkelly, AN other
Gillane, Cody, Whelan

Adam Hogan and Ciarán Joyce nominated ahead of CON for YHOTY

:rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Hogan was nominated for fouling lads

1 Like

And trying to get Hego sent off.

Remember to stay on message

2 Likes

O’Neill’s only impressive performances came off the bench.

Overall, he wasn’t as good throughout the year as the three lads nominated, who were all key players on their teams. O’Neill was an impact player in comparison

1 Like

At least he can console himself with a couple of Celtic crosses

He might even start a few games consecutively at some stage

I see the media have removed James McCarthy to pave the way for another POTY gong for Clifford. I hope he’ll be ok counting his record 9 Celtic crosses in Glasnevin.

Brendan fucking Rodgers has smoked McCarthy :clap: