GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

McCarthy didn’t deserve it. He had a very poor final.

Anyway these minor end of year baubles should generally be given to players from counties like Kerry to keep them interested. There are some great people down there keeping the game going.

3 Likes

I’d say Clifford could win POTY every year for the next 6 or 7 years. He’s on a different level to everyone else. He absolutely smoked Mick Fitz in the final but didn’t have his shooting boots on and as such it was probably his worst ever match.

He’s on a different planet altogether to everyone. 3 points in the final is never a bad return but he set his ridiculously high standards. He’ll have plenty more big days and in fairness it was good to see the old codges get yet another AI. Almost akin to the Last Dance with the Bulls.

Fitzsimons has to take the all time award of receiving the most credit for being absolutely bate up a stick.

2 Likes

Pampered, cosseted, overrated, over protected and eventually found out.
He’s the ryan tubridy of gaelic football.

1 Like

Derry would have an AI this year if it wasn’t for Clifford. I do understood the salt in fairness from that angle. It’ll be okay pet.

Kerry wouldn’t have been in a final without joe mcquillan. Dont know if derry would have beaten dublin but they were certainly better than the spoiled corner boys from kerry

What did he score from play against Tipperary the day he started?

1 Like

Of all the hills for the Limerick’s to die on, trying to make a case for a sub to be YHOTY is a really bizarre one.

4 Likes

We’ve died on smaller hills than that

3 Likes

Five points from play.

1 Like

CON is the best young hurler in the country

3 Likes

In the WORLD

3 Likes

Fellas have short memories

We’re taking the snub very personally. It’ll have to be rectified next year.

Punished for playing on the Greatest Team of All Time

The group will be absolutely seething

1 Like

Mythbusters :boom:

I suppose in fairness to Cathal it’s time now for him to move from game finisher to game changer.

2 Likes

he missed a sitter to draw the game

he cost Kerry the All Oireland by missing that -

2 Likes

Time for the move to centre back

1 Like

The other candidates wouldn’t make our 26.