GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Odd team, Cavanagh should be in midfield, Howard at wing forward, Mannion in the corner. Ryan McHugh and Ian Burke are surprise inclusions and seem to be just squeezing in each of the provincial winners with an award.

1 Like

They picked Kavanagh where he spent most of his time.

Where he didn’t mark a soul either

Brian Carthy was a selector :smile:

1 Like

The media love in have Joe and Mannion up for HOTY when neither of them should even be All Star nominees … it’s a joke… Both Limerick wing backs should win one but they dont have a high enough presence with the RTE ‘experts’ yet.

He doesn’t play as a full back.

Lying on the ground feigning injury?

21 Likes

You don’t say

LOL, I chuckled at that

1 Like

You’ve made my day

Did Paul Broderick make the team?

The lad who couldn’t kick snow off a rope in the league final?

:joy:

Top scorer between league and championship apparently.

I heard on a sports bulletin headline on the radio there a few minutes ago that seemingly a big talking point is the exclusion of Cluxton. A well earned award for Graham Brody presumably?

So it was the lad who couldn’t even kick over a 13 yard free in the league final?

Don’t be melodramatic. The bar isn’t that high for selection. I saw Tyrone play once all year and Colm Cavanagh was marked absent for pretty much the entire match.

Burke won the Club title with Corofin. Not sure how much that factors into the decision - also much of that relates to last year.

Has a beaten semi finalist got more awards than a finalist before?

Yes. Waterford 2007 got more than Limerick

1 Like

Another occassion Limerick got savage carried away with a performance

1 Like

You’re not really in a position to comment so.

1 Like