GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

I remember in the noughties when Dublin weren’t great and cluxton won AS Awards and people said WTF .

2 Likes

As does Mannion

Is there an all star for james mcgrath for his performance in the green jersey against Kilkenny?

2 Likes

Agreed, leave Hannon go & fuck.

1 Like

Kearney caused wreck in both games against Limerick. He got a lot of joy in Pairc Ui Caoimh off Morrissey.
Leahy got a rake of scores of Morrissey. Morrissey had some big impacts and caught the eye with his fielding. His use of the ball was very good too most of the year.

Morrissey also could be held at fault for Lehane’s goal in Croke Park. Got caught under a high ball and possibly misjudged it. In saying that Lehane was allowed to run in behind him across 30 yards the field with no one following him out from the centre.

Byrnes had a very solid year. He matured as the year went on. The hail mary’s were at a minimum and he was very dominant in the air all year.

Limerick’s half back line was their platform this year. When they pushed up on Cork in the semi final and forced Nash to go long, they absolutely cleaned house, helped by Kearney going off, as he was doing wreck.

Mannion was Galways best player in the final. When it was going to shit around him, he hurled very well.

Byrnes Hannon Mannion.

1 Like

That’s how it will fall unfortunately - The media love in with Galway will get Mannion over the line.

1 Like

They should do away with the all stars…they are a complete joke at this stage

So the HOTY shouldn’t get an All Star?

the YHOTY won’t get one

His hurling will do that…your a bad wum…

He’s only there because of a media love in and anti Limerick bias — We all know Mulcahy should be in there.

My prediction

1. Eoin Murphy (Kilkenny)
  2. Sean Finn (Limerick)
  3. Daithi Burke (Galway)
  4. Mike Casey (Limerick)
  5. Pauric Mannion (Galway)
  6. Declan Hannon (Limerick)
  7. Dan Morrissey (Limerick)
  8. Darragh Fitzgibbon (Cork)
  9. Cian Lynch (Limerick)
  10. Peter Duggan (Clare)
  11. Joe Canning (Red Bull/Camille)
  12. Tom Morrissey (Limerick)
  13. Seamus Harnedy (Cork)
  14. John Conlon (Clare)
  15. Grame Mulcahy (Limerick)

Not my picks but what I think will happen.

2 Likes

Fitzgibbon scored some lovely long range points but he went missing for large chunks of games in every game - Kearney dominated multiple games - Fitzgibbon also cost Cork the semi final by goading English - the backlash from that cost Cork a place in the final.

Can someone give @anon61878697 an Award of some description & a tap on the head too.

1 Like

Shane O Donnell could feature. The intellectual rigour of the team would be boosted by a Fulbright Scholar .

That’s it basically, they’re like participation awards. Too stupid to even engage with.

I think that’s the team that will be picked.

There is going to be some meltdown on here when Limerick don’t get 15 All Start awards, as well as HOTY and YHOTY.

2 Likes

Good one mate!

Will JK get the manager of the year gong on the RTE awards?