GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Its still easier than contesting under puckouts and breaks and also having to score, like TJ Reid for example

Yeah but maybe Reid has to do too much, it’s a team game. Without knowing anything about hurling all Harnedy seems to do for Cork is get the ball in space and take easy scores but he’s still their leader on the pitch and simple as it looks they can’t really do without him.

My All Star 15

1. Quaid
  2. Finn
  3. Casey
  4. English
  5. Byrnes
  6. Hannon
  7. Morrissey
  8. Lynch
  9. Fitzgibbon
  10. T Morrissey
  11. Joe Canning
  12. P Duggan
  13. Gillane
  14. Harnedy
  15. Mulcahy

YHOTY : Kyle Hayes
HOTY: Cian Lynch

To the victor, the spoils of war.

5 Likes

I’d change Shitgibbon for Kearney and I’d agree 100% with all of that.

cc @backinatracksuit

1 Like

Cian Lynch was fairly good but in a normal year wouldn’t be near HOTY

2 Likes

It wasnt a normal year? — Actually , you’re correct — Limerick beat the ‘big 3’ and the defending champions Galway - that’s not a normal year, that’s an outrageous year and Cian was central to it.

1 Like

Over the run of the entire championship, and indeed league, he was the outstanding hurler in the country. He didn’t have a poor game all year. His quietest game was against Kilkenny and he was still very influential in the last 20 minutes.

Possibly not as much of a standout as previous winners but importantly his contribution was consistently sustained all year and all through matches. He also came out with some outrageously skilful moments.

Thinly veiled - He walked all over the cunts.

Correct. The best hurler in the country.

Who flatly or comer?

He was no more central to it than about 8 other players

No, Cian was very central. I can assure you of this.

Perhaps you’re right, Fitzgibbon is a great lad for the fist pumps and the goading when his team are 6 ahead with time almost up, I don’t recall him pumping the fist much after that though? Imagine costing your county an All Ireland by goading your first cousin above in Croke Park, Jesus it’d kill a lad eat him up inside. Imagine the next family occasion, Christ…

Bang on — He was fairly anonymous against an average Tipp team in the u21 final — i’d say knowing he cost his county a place in the final has eaten him up. He’s had a mental breakdown.

A show pony.

1 Like

Who really gives a shit in fairness.

That’d be in the Charleville crowd though wouldn’t it

2 Likes

All the voyeurs do, they’re driven demented

1 Like

The Limerick boys can’t wrap their head around individual awards