GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

I agree, I don’t think Barron had a great year really.

Jaysus, you’d swear the award was supposed to be for the best individual player of the year. It’s not.

Life President

Imagine rocking out to play junior A next year and marking HOTY

6 Likes

He’s not.

Three awards at midfield in 5 seasons is fair going considering they haven’t won the big one.

1 Like

Delighted for Dan Morrissy. Either Tom or Geariod were worthy POTY. I’d have Tom there (just about) but its all opinions (Id give Joanne a dart)

6 Likes

In fairness the quality has gone way up at Junior A level over the last couple of years.

That is gas though. :grin:

1 Like

Threw a 10er on hero for 2019 HOTY at 25/1 during that league season. Wrong year. Well deserved

Its a dog fight and a great competition tbf

1 Like

9 All Stars equalling the great Kilkenny side of 2008.

And we were robbed. WOD should have been 10.

4 Likes

Standard is up though jokes aside. Which is fantastic for the game of hurling in Limerick.

2 Likes

At all grades splitting intermediate has worked wonders and senior is more competitive with the super 6s

2 Likes

Will O’Donoghue losing out is the only major shock in that team. Could have put him midfield and pushed Kelly into the forwards for Gillane.

1 Like

Not many got the chance in Championship 2020 to fill their boots against both Laois and Wexford.

1 Like

i thought he would have sneaked one

A good night for those who backed Hegarty at 25’s for HOTY last October.

Only have to wait another 6 months for the bookies to open to claim it. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Brilliant shout mate.

I thought that’s what they would do.

7 Likes

Barron very, very fortunate. He was pretty anonymous in both games against WOD and Limerick this year.

In fairness he was the best player in the country in 2017 and should have been HOTY so this is probably some compensation.

Lynch fortunate enough I think. He still had flashes of class, and totally broke Tipperary in the Munster semi final, but it wasn’t a vintage year by his high standards.

Still, 9 for the all conquering champions is an acceptable return.

4 Likes