GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Name 2 worse recipients hurling wise?

It’s a long way from splitting hairs and spitting dummies over All Stars, Limerick lads were raised.

They’re like a 2007 taxi driver talking about his two apartments in Bulgaria.

2 Likes

Do they still produce the All Star posters that would be hung in pubs across the country?

1 Like

They were great.

Sean Og
Jerry OC

They are. Often got an hour long conversation out of them over a few pints

What’s a pub?

5 Likes

“So and so was fierce lucky to get one that year”

1 Like

No, he wasn’t black guarded but yet was never nailed down either.
A fairly good career, the failure, team-wise, to Caltra excluded. A tadéén sluggish and one-footed but a very good man to garner possession, hold it and use it well. A great man to spin a yarn breaking idir Béarla agus Gaeilge .

Fair enough,he’s in good company with those two.

Will O Donoghue is unlucky alright but if it came down to a straight decision between him and Cian Lynch, as a few here are saying that he deserves one ahead of Lynch, I’d still have given it to Lynch. While Lynch can play better, I still think that he deserved it over the 5 games. People seem to judge him by a different standard because of his ability.
Austin Gleeson is very unlucky in my opinion. He’s the one Waterford player who stood up to Limerick in the final, was excellent in the semi final and scored a lot from play during the year.

1 Like

giphy (31)

That’s exactly why his omission was so galling imo. I’d have had him down as the enforcer type player or a mullocker.
He was different class in all the games last year, aggressive, spoiled opponents play while also chipping in with scores in most games.

It’s a disgrace he didn’t get one for being “ the best Midfielder “ in the Country last year. He’ll need to up his marketing & social media presence to win one.

As for Quaid, he probably deserves one for his years of effort without making too many saves ala McGarry but SOK was again blackguarded with that call.

I meant Lynch, people judge Lynch to a different standard because of his ability.

Quaid was excellent, deserved it on this year alone

SOK made a few saves :man_shrugging:

WOD was the star of the “Hit the Woah” challenge. His social media game is top notch.

2 Likes

Should have had WOD instead of gillane and Kelly corner forward.

3 Likes

SOK made mistakes, Quaid was flawless.

Flawless?

1 Like