GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Would agree with that ahead of O Donoghue instead of Lynch

People seem to judge Aussie to a different standard because of his ability.

3 Likes

A James McGarry kind of flawless.

I agree. When he was hitting 3 or 4 points a game, the narrative was always ‘he’s getting better, but there’s more in him’

1 Like

His lack of effort in recent years really plays against him.

Aussie is so naturally talented and gifted he just makes it look effortless.

1 Like

It looks exactly like that when he hasn’t possession of the ball alright.

Don’t think you’ll ever come to terms with Seamie not getting Hurler of the Year in 2016. You’ve just got to try and move on as best you can.

2 Likes

3.50 mins in. Terrible goalkeeping.

1 Like

A very shrewd judge i know who’s been watching hurling for nearly 60 years maintains Austin’s performance against Kilkenny in Thurles that year was the best he’d ever seen.

2 Likes

They still produce All-Star posters on TFK. Some of them get very hung up about the pubs being closed though.

I miss the the day after the all stars photos that used appear in print and online media , some talent on display!!

1 Like

I remember Ogie Moran got savage stick for playing him wing back one year. He actually played okay there but the knives were out for Ogie

I came across this on Twitter earlier, I still can’t believe the chokers got 6 All Stars that year and Whelehan didn’t get any. Davy Clarke like :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seethe away there for yourself.

Why would I be seething? It happened 26 years ago

We’re zen pal.

1 Like

Other panels can’t afford to just hook up the epo, steroids and blood bags in march

1 Like