GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Friendly competitions can’t be counted. It’s like when lads count the charity shield as a trophy in the soccer.

The only currency limerick should be dealing is all Irelands. This is only unbeaten team when trying to include friendlies stinks of something a Liverpool fan would come up with.

That’s some crowd there for a "nonsense " competition

2 Likes

The Oireachtas competition in the 1960s was certainly not a nonsense. You don’t know your history, which isn’t surprising.

So, to summarise this little episode, Tipperary achieved a phenomenal feat in 1961 by completing the clean sweep, but unfortunately, they did not win every game.

Next please.

I’m talking about the Waterford Crystal or whatever it is. If you count that you might as well start counting all friendlies.

Tipp won every game in 1961 just like limerick.

You can only beat what’s put in front of you. Or for Limerick, everyone that’s put in front of you.

1 Like

It’s only a bit of craic boss.

Incorrect.

It stinks of desperation. The only currency that counts is all Ireland medals for this limerick side. Not all stars or Friendlies.

We threw away an all Ireland in 2019 due to this sort of lack of focus in my opinion. I don’t want a repeat.

Tipp won all their league and champion games in 61 just like limerick. You need to just accept it.

If you count any other competitions you’ll be counting a v b games next.

The Munster Co-op League is a formal competition. The clue is in the name, mate.

Somehow I dont think it will be a lack of focus on an interweb forum populated mostly by middle age men that will cost Limerick an all Ireland

3 Likes

:grin:

When the supporters get distracted it can seep into the squad imo. They are living and working amongst the fans.

2013 would be a case in point and 2019. I don’t want to let another one slip.

Hopefully they’ve learned from 2019. I’d imagine they have.

1 Like

Different times, you could have 20000 at the opening of a field or informal ‘tournament’ matches

But the championship was all that mattered, club and county

There was 50/60k at a few cork county finals I believe back in the day.

Completely agree. I’m just kickin tyres here

Mike it’s an accepted fact the 2018 All Ireland was won on the Internet. You can’t dispute it’s also possible to lose one on the internet

1 Like

I have a funny feeling this group are well coached in that kind of thing. Listen boss we"ll be shit again before you know it
Take anything you can get at the moment

Well as a supporter it’s crossed my mind once the next two or three years pass it could be another forty years before we win another one :sweat_smile:

1 Like