GAA All Star Wars

Delighted for Cluxton and Seamie. Two all time greats.

1 Like

In fairness to Seamie, he really came into his own when they made hurling a non contact sport.

2 Likes

I told ye Clucko was getting this months ago.

Yeah, he was fairly meek when his shoulder broke Brian Hoganā€™s collar bone in the 09 league final.

2 Likes

Redemption for Seamie.

He looked thrilled there on the news.

A dirty sneaky belt of a shoulder into the chest. Tippical.

ā€œI supposeā€ x2 in his brief interview.

1 Like

Ger Loughnane is very surprised that a Tipperary defensive unit who shipped 2-26 in losing a provincial final by 12 points and another 3-20 in an All Ireland semi final ended up with 5 of the 7 defensive slots.

Matthew Oā€™Hanlon is a glaring omission. By some distance the best centre back over the championship season.

3 Likes

I thought Liam Ryan was the glaring omission.

2 Likes

Hard to argue with that, he was better than P Walsh.

Fair call

Liam Ryan had to have been very close. Padraig Walsh is a bit of a hurling media darling. Iā€™d have Conor McDonald instead of Colin Fennelly as well. Two is very light for Wexford. I thought they had a good shout for 4 or 5.

Iā€™d have given Rowland the goalkeeper. They could have given goalkeeper to 4 or 5 different fellows and there wouldnā€™t have been too many quibbles. No stand out goalkeeper. Spread it around a bit and give Laois only a second hurling All Star. Rowland would have deserved it on merit anyway even without a sympathy vote. I thought Hogan had a poor outing against Wexford.

1 Like

Agreed, Eoin Murphy would feel extremely aggrieved.

Overall the 4 Tipp backs is surely a major oversight given the high scores they conceded along the way .
Would think O ā€™ Hanlon at least worth a half back slot for overall consistency.

O Hanlon probably the most consistent of the lot but when making way for him youā€™d have to consider that P Walsh didnā€™t down tools in a provincial final.

He waited til the All Ireland final to down tools along with his teammates

Royā€™s overwrought tweets about Dublin show no sign of abating.

4 Likes

Roy would be a lovely addition to this forum

Thereā€™s a market here for whimsical nonsense

1 Like

Final unfortunately was all about a reffing decision, weā€™ve been through that already.

I genuinely think 4 Tipp backs is not reflective of the years performance, if it helps at all quelling any Tipp/KK bias I might be perceived to have - Iā€™d have no issue with Bubbles or Mcgrath in there ahead of Fennely. In particular when they accommodated Fennely at wing forward.

Iā€™d have Forde ahead of those two tbh