GAA All Star Wars

Oliver Kahn got the Golden Ball award at the 2002 World Cup despite his mistake for the first goal in the final effectively deciding the result.

Who should get it?

Very weak full forward batch. Only o donoghue a real stand out. I’d say o Connor and donaghy will get other 2 spots. Only geaney really could displace donaghy. Mcbrearty didn’t even make his own team at the business end

Just noticed Murphy is nominated at half forward, jokeshop considering the competition there. Sone worthy will lose out while Donaghy will undeservedly get one in the full forward line.

your buddy Tom o Se that you like to quote, summed Flynn up as the best pound for pound footballer in the game…while you think his mobility and stamina are his main strengths…:smiley: you should have your own show…:wink:

Mobility, size and stamina are his main strengths.

McBrearty not starting had nothing to do with form or ability, McGuinness just liked to use him off the bench. I agree though about the batch of full forwards, none of them stood out really bar O’Donoghue. Plenty of half forwards had great years, the likes of Campbell and Donnacha Walsh would be well in the running most years based on their performances.

If Connolly doesn’t finally get an all star these awards should be disbanded.

Best give it to him alright, we know what he’s like when he gets angry.

2014 GAA/GPA ALL STAR HURLING NOMINEES

GOALKEEPER

Darren Gleeson (Tipperary), Eoin Murphy (Kilkenny), Alan Nolan (Dublin).

FULL-BACKS

Chris Barrett (Tipperary), JJ Delaney (Kilkenny), Seamus Hickey (Limerick), Richie McCarthy (Limerick), Stephen McDonnell (Cork), Paul Murphy (Kilkenny), Paddy Stapleton (Tipperary), Liam Ryan (Wexford), Jackie Tyrell (Kilkenny).

HALF-BACKS

Kieran Bergin (Tipperary), Cilian Buckley (Kilkenny), Mark Ellis (Cork), Brendan Maher (Tipperary), Padraig Maher (Tipperary), Padraig Walsh (Kilkenny), Liam Rushe (Dublin), Lorcan McLoughlin (Cork), Wayne McNamara (Limerick).

MIDFIELDERS

Paul Browne (Limerick), Lee Chin (Wexford), Conor Fogarty (Kilkenny), Richie Hogan (Kilkenny), James Ryan (Limerick), Shane McGrath (Tipperary).

HALF-FORWARDS

Conor Lehane (Cork), Patrick Maher (Tipperary), John O’Dwyer (Tipperary), Eoin Larkin (Kilkenny), TJ Reid (Kilkenny), Noel McGrath (Tipperary), Declan Hannon (Limerick), Michael Fennelly (Kilkenny), Conor Cooney (Galway).

FULL-FORWARDS

Colin Fennelly (Kilkenny), Alan Cadogan (Cork), Seamus Callanan (Tipperary), Shane Dowling (Limerick), Patrick Horgan (Cork), Conor McDonald (Wexford), Richie Power (Kilkenny), Conor McGrath (Clare), Brian Carroll (Offaly).

HURLER OF THE YEAR

Richie Hogan (Kilkenny), Seamus Callanan (Tipperary), TJ Reid (Kilkenny).

YOUNG HURLER OF THE YEAR

Cathal Barrett (Tipperary), Conor McDonald (Wexford), Shane Dowling (Limerick).

FULL-BACKS
Chris Barrett (Tipperary)

:o

[QUOTE=“cluaindiuic, post: 1028470, member: 258”]FULL-BACKS
Chris Barrett (Tipperary)

:o[/QUOTE]
That’s the fucking Indo for you, I had already fixed Eoin Murphy and Cillian Buckley. Useless cunts.

2014 GAA/GPA All-Star football team:

Goalkeeper:

1. Paul Durcan (Donegal)

Full-backs:

1. Paul Murphy (Kerry)

2. Neil McGee (Donegal)

3. Keith Higgins (Mayo)

Half-backs:

1. James McCarthy (Dublin)

2. Peter Crowley (Kerry)

3. Colm Boyle (Mayo)

Midfielders:

1. Neil Gallagher (Donegal)

2. David Moran (Kerry)

Half-forwards:

1. Paul Flynn (Dublin)

2. Michael Murphy (Donegal)

3. Diarmuid Connolly (Dublin)

Full-forwards:

1. Cillian O’Connor (Mayo)

2. Kieran Donaghy (Kerry)

3. James O’Donoghue (Kerry)

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 1034943, member: 109”]2014 GAA/GPA All-Star football team:

Goalkeeper:

1. Paul Durcan (Donegal)

Full-backs:

1. Paul Murphy (Kerry)

2. Neil McGee (Donegal)

3. Keith Higgins (Mayo)

Half-backs:

1. James McCarthy (Dublin)

2. Peter Crowley (Kerry)

3. Colm Boyle (Mayo)

Midfielders:

1. Neil Gallagher (Donegal)

2. David Moran (Kerry)

Half-forwards:

1. Paul Flynn (Dublin)

2. Michael Murphy (Donegal)

3. Diarmuid Connolly (Dublin)

Full-forwards:

1. Cillian O’Connor (Mayo)

2. Kieran Donaghy (Kerry)

3. James O’Donoghue (Kerry)[/QUOTE]

Surprised it was you… Where’s @myboyblue this morning?

Donaghy the only real “surprise”. When Murphy was placed in the half forwards, he had to get one out there, that ended up squeezing McHugh/O Connor out. I’d have left Murphy at FF and left Donaghy out. David Moran gets an All Star on 3 games, 3 very good games, but it does make a mockery of the system when only 2 from outside the Quarter Finalists were nominated, and none outside the top 4 gets an All Star. A mickey mouse awards system.

Also we see the continuation of the arrangement where the YPOTY award is seen as a consolation award for someone who was unlucky to miss out on an All Star.

Sorry mate, was having my nutribullet, I dont see what the big fuss is about.

Dessert Mone robbed.

Sorry to hear that, but how do you feel about the All Stars pal? Early in the day for Dessert as well surely?

I agree with Donaghy getting on the team, but not Paul Durcan or James McCarthy.

James McCarthy :D:D:D

Would have had McHugh, McGee, McGlynn, Mone and McBrearty in the team ahead of Paul Murphy, Cillian O’Connor, Donaghy, Boyle and McCarthy.

Up until the final Durcan was easily the best keeper but he lost them the game so I wouldn’t agree with his inclusion either. The rest of the other keeper’s had bad performances in big games. Beggan was poor against Dublin, Kelly let in a shocker against Mayo. Cluxton was badly rattled against Donegal. Hennelly was poor against Kerry - not really much to choose from there. McEvoy was Armagh’s weak link.