GAA All Star Wars

Munster championship and AI series are different ball games these days, Munster hurling isnā€™t what it once was unfortunately, Croker knockout hurling is entirely different than skipping around the open spaces in Thurles in front of 20k people with the backdoor safety net.
Not taking away from the lad but Iā€™m not sure if he should have got in there maybe Mannion on the wing and another in the corner or Tadhg Bourke in there

Galvan won an All Star at right corner back in 82. Cody was the All Star full back that year.

Cody stopped Leonard Enright doing the three in a row I think? Len won his title back the following year

1 Like

Only the one? Jaysus.

Only the one.

Thought Galvin played full against us in 82.

He did. But he was picked in the corner for the All Stars. In fairness he had played in the corner until the league quarterfinals when our regular full back Joe Murphy had to retire with heart trouble

Primary ball yes.

But he actually hurled a shit losd of ball.

He was well beaten but did not go hiding.

So his one bad day should be tempered in addition to 3 brilliant displays

Been a good day all round for the Brick.

1 Like

Thatā€™s insider trading.

Looking forward to tomorrowā€™s awards ceremony. If any other tfkers in attendance I should be there by 6pm for the drinks reception so PM me. I may go straight to under 7s training on Saturday morning to show the kids what they can look forward to if they apply themselves.

3 Likes

Barry will be be watched like never before after Monday nightā€™s show .

Send us a report on the frocks .

Itā€™s mostly why I agreed to attend.

1 Like

Some horrific free suits given to Dubs players for this gig. Mannion and Dean Rockā€™s look especially vile.

a black tux stops fellas looking silly . It stands test of time . A lot of GGA ā€œstarsā€ utterly loosing the run of themselves thinking they are fashionistas .

1 Like

Think thatā€™s badā€¦ Only 2 in 36 yearsā€¦
Live with that budā€¦ :telescope:

Enjoy the night, pal. You must be delighted at how PwC have activated the sponsorship internally and externally.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve changed my views on a good few positions since I made the above post in a hungover haze the day after the final.

1. Stephen Cluxton - just about shades it from the excellent David Clarke due to kickouts.

2. Brendan Harrison - beats Mick Fitzsimons, who was absolutely roasted in the All-Ireland final. Harrison got a bit of a chasing in the second half from Paul Mannion but it doesnā€™t compare to how badly Fitzsimons was exposed by Andy Moran.

3. Cian Oā€™Sullivan - he was quietly excellent in the All-Ireland final and set up a key point for Brian Fenton. The best of Dublinā€™s defenders this year.

4. Chris Barrett - an automatic choice.

5. Jack McCaffrey - shades it from Tiernan McCann.

6. Lee Keegan - Was in pole position for FOTY after the drawn quarter-final. Missed the replay against Roscommon and was quieter than usual against Kerry but roared back in the final with an outstanding performance.

7. Colm Boyle - automatic choice.

8. Tom Parsons - so solid all year. The second midfield berth could go to any one of at least three players, and Colm Cavanagh would be exceedingly unlucky, but I think Parsons has done enough.

9. James McCarthy - automatic choice.

10. Kevin McLoughlin. Overtook Ciaran Kilkenny in the final. He shone and Kilkenny was wiped out.

11. Con Oā€™Callaghan. His displays were actually patchy enough but he displayed enough mercurial brilliance for an award.

12. Paul Mannion. Just beats off Aidan Oā€™Shea.

13. Jason Doherty - Heā€™s done more than enough to see off the challenge of Paul Geaney. Tireless worker, did his share of scoring, and always an out ball for Mayo.

14. Dean Rock. Excellent final performance sealed it for him.

15. Andy Moran. FOTY.

You could make a case for that team but I donā€™t think thereā€™s any chance the final selection will only feature players from the two finalists.

1 Like