GAA All Star Wars

Yes he was.

Mcinerney is hurler of the year I don’t care what some event organized by chartered accountants says

2 Likes

The two Conor’s were better

1 Like

Speaking of chartered accountants, great to see Feargal O’Rourke as part of the presentation party to hand out the gong to his employee Cian O’Sullivan.

1 Like

I’d say Cian’s job isn’t too taxing

1 Like

Pat Fleury was in the other corner in 1982. There was an issue with Fleury and the All Stars one year, it might even have been 1982. There was a rule back then, that if you were sent off during the year, you were disqualified from All Star contention. Think it was Fleury was sent off in a club game, possibly a day or two after the hurling team was pre-selected and wasn’t allowed to attend the banquet the following week to accept his award. Something similar happened to Cloney Brennan a few years before that with the sending off rule.

1 Like

The All Stars are a fucking joke mate, I may have mentioned that here before

The selection of the team is generally fine. The GGA conspiracy to get Canning Hurler of the Year was clear to see

1 Like

What a mad bastard. Legend of a man

1 Like

He is a wonderful ambassador for the game and the broader association .

They are now. Essentially an exercise in dividing up the spoils to a per-ordained quota system. 7-8 for the All Ireland Champions, 5-6 for beaten finalists and 1 each for the beaten semi finalists. No Hurler outside of semi finalists has got one since 2012. Conor McManus and Colin Walshe only non-semi finalist to get a football award since 2011. The days of a Pat Critchley, David Kilcoyne, Peter McGinnitty, Declan Browne or Kevin O’Brien getting a well deserved All Star are well and truly gone. Sean Murphy would have got an All Star up to about 10 years ago for the performances he turned in this summer. He didn’t even get a nomination under the current quota system.

Yes that’s why the GGA conspired to make him win

1 Like

I agree.

Brolly trying to get on the Cavanaghs good side

Self assessment income tax deadline less than two weeks ago. Cian will be out the door busy at the moment.

After a few shaky years they’ve got hurler of the year bang on two in a row :clap:

5 Likes

Yes Seamie Callanan clearly should have been the winner in 2014 and 2015

Some achievement for Joe Canning to bounce back from his well documented battle with “water retention” to win hurler of the year. An inspiration to all chubsters everywhere.

5 Likes

Seamie :smile: daithi has exposed that bluffer completely

1 Like