GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

No I was happy enough for Na Piarsaigh. They deserved it. I Enjoyed the celebrations but thankfully didn’t eat any of the food.

Look ye won the county. There’s no need for that shit.

Ya becuase cahalane got such a run around he got himself sent off.

You’re very thick. Limerick deserved to win the All Ireland but it was based on how good their squad is not just the 15 starters or any particular stars

1 Like

Even though they were 9 points up in the final without using a single sub :rofl:

You’ve little englanders like @glasagusban fawning over cork hurlers like pat Horgan and Daragh fitzgibbon even though they’ve won absolutely nothing and always vanish when they are needed yet can’t give credit to the likes of Kyle hayes or Tom morrissey because of the clubs they play with in limerick. It’s very sad. Thankfully the limerick lads have won everything there is to be won and the cork lads have won fuck all.

1 Like

One armed waiter alert, it’s like dealing with a load of children (yes I know)

1 Like

Make up your mind will you. You just said Galway were diabolical.

Don’t deal with it then. You’re here by choice my friend

Yes I did. What’s your point?

I made mine clearly. I’m trying to figure out yours from your ramblings.

Limerick only won because of their panel, and because Galway were diabolical. Only is binary.

That teams can play badly in given games but your trying to use limericks performance v cork to say their first 15 isn’t great but completely ignore the fact that limericks first fifteen destroyed the all Ireland champions in the final is his point.

My pal from galway, a very good reader of the game told me that he thought the final was very poor. He said kk would have beaten either team as they’d have turned up. I’m not so sure. I was trying to watch it on my phone via a bad Internet connection, and Limerick looked very good indeed to me, but he’s a shrude reader of any game, and not prone to sour grapes or hyperbole.
I’ve never watched it back for obvious reasons.
Galway have been on the go for a long time. They were due a poor ish year, and they never really hit the heights bar in fits and starts. My main gripe with o Donoghue has been his apparent reluctance to try new players, especially those who haven’t come through the system.
This is one of Cody’s great strengths.

1 Like

When did I say “only”?

It wasn’t a game for the purist by any stretch. Limerick brought it to the trenches and backed themselves physically against Galway. The work rate was off the charts in the forwards.

If Limerick kept the wide count down the game would have been over at half time

Big Achilles heel for this Limerick team is the bad wides

Galway played as well as limerick allowed them to play. 3 goals game from limerick turnovers. When limerick began to tire and didn’t have the subs to replace the lads coming off galway opened up and hurled.

Yes, but Kyle Hayes did the selfless working back and preventing the opposition building a platform in their half back and midfield, yet still managed to contribute handsomely in an attacking sense with assists and scores. He was the best half forward in the country by a distance this season and this was hammered home by his display in the final. An absolutely baffling omission.

7 Likes

You didn’t.

May have been inferred or my interpretation.

Apologies for misquote

Himself and Hegarty were expected to do Trojan work from half forward this year.

Exactly. He totally shut out Paudie maher, g mc, Austin gleeson, Cillian Buckley and the cork centre back twice and when he was required popped up with vital scores. How anybody that knows anything about hurling thinks Kyle shouldn’t be on that team is beyond me.