GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Not many got the chance in Championship 2020 to fill their boots against both Laois and Wexford.

1 Like

i thought he would have sneaked one

A good night for those who backed Hegarty at 25’s for HOTY last October.

Only have to wait another 6 months for the bookies to open to claim it. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Brilliant shout mate.

I thought that’s what they would do.

7 Likes

Barron very, very fortunate. He was pretty anonymous in both games against WOD and Limerick this year.

In fairness he was the best player in the country in 2017 and should have been HOTY so this is probably some compensation.

Lynch fortunate enough I think. He still had flashes of class, and totally broke Tipperary in the Munster semi final, but it wasn’t a vintage year by his high standards.

Still, 9 for the all conquering champions is an acceptable return.

4 Likes

A good night for all of us who backed Fento Friday night. However if you got bet on, it was online so you should have a juicy return in your account that you can withdraw easily to your normal bank account rather than wait for shops to open

1 Like

Price was Fento Friday night?

8/1

1 Like

:flushed: who was favourite?

Grimes - joe mac -,dec Nash

Loads of Grimeses

I’ve just realised, they brought back the Joe McDonagh All Stars this year.

Meaning they got rid of it for one year.

Ah lads :rofl:

Only eamonn won an all star ?

Probably. Mikey might have been nominated in 81

Ya - he had some year in 1981 . Got a bad injury v Galway in replay and was a huge loss

Balanced I feel…WOD unlucky, Aussie unlucky, Barron lucky, Lynch lucky. If WOD and Aussie got them ahead of Barron and Lynch then we’d be saying Barron and Lynch were unlucky

Hartigan and McKenna won massive amounts of all stars
Many in seasons where they didn’t get out of Munster

Ya Hartigan of course won a pile .