GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

He must really be regretting attaching his snout to @malarkey’s crotch.

He’s usually a bit more savvy at which posters he likes to mooch around after like a lost puppy.

Can’t wait to hear of the bating @EstebanSexface doles out.

@Malarkey will be incredibly easy to track down….

1 Like

Just find your nose and it’ll be up his hole

Is that another reply? :grinning:

Will you calm down by tomorrow :grinning:

In a nutshell, I reckon Limerick will fill the half back line 2/3 in the fb, hf and ff line. One midfielder. Quaid would be a bonus but cant see it.

You weren’t going to come in at all but you couldn’t miss the chance to sniff some underpants.

you’re fairly het up yourself or is that your idea of “joking”?

Journalists. Players choose HOTY and YHOTY

1 Like

When the restrictions end we should book a hall and all meet up for a few pints and a fist fight.

2 Likes

is christy ring included? any other known simpletons in the 15?

1 Like

Allright hun? You feeling a bit left out?

I predict the Hurling All Star selection will be a bit of a farce. Limerick absolutely deserve more than 10 All Stars, but will only get 10 because those selecting won’t want to give them the record number of awards.

Limerick’s 10 will be

Finn, Nash, Byrnes, Hannon, Hayes, O’Donoghue, Lynch, T Morrissey, P Casey, Flanagan.

Nicky Quaid will once again be screwed because KK as Leinster Champions need to get one, and Eoin Murphy is the obvious choice. He was absolutely nowhere near as good as Quaid this year and in all honesty I’d say the lad will be a bit embarrassed getting one ahead of Quaid, knowing the story full well.

Of the other 4 Limerick players, you could make a solid case for all 4 of them.

Dan Morrissey was utterly dominant since coming back into the side midway through the opening half of the Munster Final. He missed the Cork game. He was still the best full back on show over the entire championship. However, Prunty will get it based on the fact Waterford will have to get 1.

Darragh Donovan had a brilliant year. Goal v Cork when we badly needed it in the opening round, but was only OK that day. Outstanding second half display v Tipp where himself and WOD completely took over. Was outstanding v Waterford and utterly dominated midfield with WOD in the final. Who was better overall, genuinely?

Hegarty had a poor year by his standards you’ll hear people say, and I’d agree. However… was it 0-3 in the Munster Final? Poor v Waterford alright, but chipped on with a point. Absolutely sensational final, hitting 2-2 :man_shrugging: As I said, you can make a case. Lads have gotten All Stars for far less…

Gillane…very poor v Cork. Dropped. Brought on v Tipp and was brilliant. Had a hum dinger of a battle v Prunty and had a big influence even though Prunty did well on him. Brilliant in the final v Cork. Again, you can make the case…

5 Likes

Very hard to disagree with any of that.

Bless thou

I thought Stephen Bennett was brilliant and would give him one of the ones Limerick don’t get. Dan Morrissey should definitely get one

I’d sacrifice Dan to let Barry Nash get one

Emm. 10 WILL be a record number of awards, mate.

Which 2 cork players do you predict?

2? :grinning:

1 Like

I know, politics dictates

I’d say Justin coached a lot of that into him. I remember seeing him play his first inter county match against (I think) Kilkenny in Walsh Park around about 2000 and being surprised at how slow his striking was because he was already a colossus at club and underage level. I’d say he benefited most from Justin’s tutelage. Justin had a very soft spot for him to put up with all the shite he was carrying on with.

2 Likes