GAA betting 2024

Upperchurch, Killenaule & Cashel pays evens. Killenaule are playing St Mary’s who have had to draft in their injured talisman seamus kennedy in as manager after their management left. Mary’s down a few lads in the USA also.
3 points on that.

Add Holycross to beat Jk brackens and it’s 8/3.
1 point on that.

Going to do a @peddlerscross and keep a track of my club GAA bets on here.

4 Likes

Bet 5 - Doon to win Limerick SHC @4/1 PP/Betfair

5 point win - Balance 70 points.

Being the event junkie i am I was lucky enough to be in Doon watching a Categorie F BOICMC match recently. Anyway the Doon Seniors were being put through their paces by none other than the great Derek McGrath on the training pitch to the side. I was impressed by what i saw and despite there only being a skeleton panel in attendance, what struck me was just how fit they were. They must have been on the pitch for over 90 minutes and never stopped running.

They recently defeated beaten Leinster Club Finalists Na Fianna of Dublin on the BOICMC in a game refereed by the games Premier Official, John Keenan of Wicklow.

Looking back at last year they really ought to have beaten Na Piarsaigh in that County Semi Final and since then Na Piarsaigh have lost Peter Casey while Doon are gaining 3 or 4 good lads including Richie English who is Officer Class.

The intangible is Derek. Reports from the BOICMC have stated that Derek has them playing a game of short puckouts which is at odds with what the Doon supporters would want which is whacktics or hit and whip hurling. This could be an issue if things start to go wrong.

However i believe this thing could just take off. Derek needs Doon and Doon need Derek. There are eerie similarities to when Malachy landed in Maghera in 2021. A hurling mad town with rich underage success and a host of inter county stars but no County Championship to show for it.

Darragh O’Donovan, Richie English, Adam English and Barry Murphy have either not been used at all or been used sparingly by Limerick so far this year. They should be hungry by the time Club Championship comes round. Pat Ryan will have a point to prove too and the supporting cast of Chris Thomas, Cian O’Donovan, Jack Ryan Bug and Eddie Stokes are well up to it.

Kilmallock are well on the wane and Na Piarsaigh seem to be on the decline too. This may well be the first year in over a decade where Na Piarsaigh don’t set out at the start of the year with the All Ireland Club as the ultimate goal. Patrickswell remain well short of the sum of their parts and there has been no signs over the last 5 years that they will ever reach their potential. The rest in Limerick are well behind the top 4 so all signs point towards a Doon victory this Autumn and this is a bandwagon i am happy to die on.

6 Likes

The last 5 minutes of that game was compulsive viewing. Shane Duffy nearly bulldozed the keeper out of the way for what could’ve been a late winner. I distinctly remember driving to a practice match the following night and Alan Cawley was complaining on the radio that Ireland weren’t playing well despite being top of the qualifying group. What we’ve give for that luxury these days.

2 Likes

They were simply incredible times.

I remember being at the Moldovan home game and winning 2-0 yet people still werent happy.

Stick to supporting your pound shop JP buying brown shoes for yere minors and keep you’re beak out of anything to do with LK hurling which you openly despise.

I know more about Limerick than ye do yerselves.

Ones you’ve overlooked there are Kildare v Donegal 2001, Kildare v Sligo 2001, Roscommon v Offaly 2003, Roscommon v Kildare 2003, Kildare v Limerick 2012, Derry v Cavan 2013, Mayo v Derry 2017, Clare v Mayo 2017, Mayo v Armagh 2019 as well as the seven times Longford dumped Derry out.

Wexford v Westmeath on opening night in 2001 is surely hard bet as the greatest Saturday night off-Broadway blockbuster of them all.

Wexford v Waterford 2003 is for me the definitive hurling qualifier game.

1 Like

And of course we had the Laois Minor Footballers who brought such joy to the nation

I have a huge fondness for the 2017 season. In my opinion the greatest GAA season of them all. What a month of July we had that year.

July 1st
Mayo v Derry (F)
Kilkenny v Limerick (H)

July 8th
Mayo v Clare (F)
Tipp v Dublin (H)
Waterford v Kilkenny (H)

July 15th
Tipp v Armagh (F)
Carlow v Monaghan (F)

July 22nd
Tipp v Clare (H)
Mayo v Cork (F)
Galway v Donegal (F)

July 29th
Down v Monaghan
Kildare v Armagh

Teams used to grow another leg during the season back in those days and you would get ridiculously high standard semi finals and finals. The 2017 Football Final ultimately proving to be the peak of the GAA as an association.

1 Like

KK v Tipp in Nowlan Park worth a mention in any list

5 Likes

1987, 1991, 2005 and 2017 were the best GAA summers overall in my lifetime I think, the years when the whole thing seemed to take on a supercharged life of its own. I’d have a grá for 1995, 2002 and 2008 as well.

2017 did give us the worst All-Ireland football quarter-final double header of all time but you can’t have everything.

2 Likes

We are surely due two absolute classics in the hurling semi finals.

Looking at the POTY markets for a bit of interest, Ciaran Kilkenny seems like not a bad shout at 33/1. If Dublin win it out like I think they should he’s surely got a decent shot even though Fenton or Costello probably have a head start so far for the season. The Armagh boys are way too short, no obvious candidate from Donegal. Paudie Clifford at 20/1 isn’t bad if you thought Kerry are timing their run.

Hurling wise, I still have Alan Connolly from the start of the league. The last two games were poor but he could still win it if he had two big games. I reckon Horgan would actually end up getting it if Cork managed to somehow win it. For the champs, Hego was a great shout at the start of the year, should have been on that. The GAA will not want the publicity of giving it to Hayes but it still might happen if he keeps playing as he has been. They’ll talk about Quaid deserving it but he hasn’t a chance of getting it. Hannon might get it as a lifetime achievement award if Hegarty drops off and nobody else has two massive matches for them, at 33/1 I think that’s a little tempting.
O’Donnell has his All-Star sewn up already and He’ll definitely get it if Clare win. I give Kilkenny little chance of winning so crossing their contenders off.

1 Like

The gaa nominate three and the players vote
I think.

Could nominate two Limerick lads
And shane o Donnell to split the vote and get
O Donnell over the lkne

This has aged well

2 Likes

You reckon ?

2 Likes

Why don’t you login under the @Thedancingbaby login after Gordon Elliot Shamed himself

Or the @bookiesmare account you used to dox me.

The same account you and your pals shorted Jessie Harrington for that horse for.

Mate you need to chill out and lie down in a dark room, the walls appear to be closing in on you.

This tends to happen him when he goes in a dry spell

2 Likes