GAA betting 2024

Drawed with a last minute goal.

The power of TFK brought them into 2/5 but they didn’t land.

Also eligible for the degenerate thread

All 3 seem like decent value, I’d probably be hesitant about Peter Duggan the most.

I’ve kept it very simple and backed Donal Burke to be sole top scorers at 6/4 with BS.
His direct competitor is Hoggy but I say it as a 50/50 contest rather than 60/40. Hoggy is possibly more likely to get a goal from play but Dalton is hitting many of the long range frees.

Dublin’s game is based around getting Burke on the ball. He got 0-9 in the Leinster final but drove 4 or 5 wides and went for goal on 2 or 3 occasions.

Clare will beat WX but WX have had a long time to prepare for this. Think I will back them on the first half handicap.

Donal Burke is broken, whatever about Connolly barely getting a touch

His head is totally gone.

Bet bust now that he won’t take a 21 yard free.

Aidan McCarthy under 1.5 pts from play at evs

They don’t pay out if he doesn’t start…

No loss then. What if he comes on?

No he must start.

1 Like

6 quarter finals between both codes and not one competitive.

Wouldn’t agree, think all the games will be close except the Donegal match.

Bookies favourites beaten in 3 of the 4 football games last weekend. Quick turnaround makes it a big ask for the 4 underdogs this week, but they are the benefits of finishing top of the group. Better scenario than what we used to have, provincial winners going into cold storage for a few weeks while beaten teams gained some sharpness and momentum. 2010 was the worst example when all 4 provincial winners lost their next game after having no game for 3-4 weeks.

All you will get this week is injuries which will rule players out of the bulk of the club championships due to playing too much.

Nobody watching, nobody going and most likely four walk overs.

We’ve absolutely destroyed the gaa for no apparent reason.

Ah that was class to be fair. Kildare coming within a kick of a ball of an All-Ireland final, a Cork v Down final. The kind of unpredictability that we all crave now. Just before the Dubs took over.

1 Like

I remember the Saturday of the down v Kerry quarter final.

Kerry had a serious injury crisis.

Somebody predicted down to win in the Irish times.

2011 was iconic too with Kevin Cassidy scoring v Kildare wasn’t it?

The old qualifiers gave counties huge momentum. This structure just favours the rich.

@peddlerscross @Cheasty could ye compile a list of the best qualifier games in gaa?

Limerick v Kildare was amazing.

Kilkenny v tipp in 2013,

Sligo v Kerry with the late diarmuid Murphy penalty save.

Kerry topping the last of the great Tyrone team in Killarney.

The Joe canning show v cork.

We didn’t know how good we had it.

In hurling, Waterford v Kilkenny in 2017 in Thurles was a thriller.

Those Wexford v Clare clashes in 2014 were cracking games.

Cork v Tipp in Killarney was an enthralling affair in 2004.

2008 Cork v Galway was my own personal favourite. Joe really announced himself. At the time I was naively giddy that that Cork generation were going to have one last good year.

Tipp v Kk in 2013 definitely stands out as the biggest qualifier game.

If I recall correctly down had never lost to Kerry in championship by 2011.

GAA peaked in the 90’s. Eight different counties winning football & six hurling. Then you had provincial wins for the minnows of Leitrim & Clare aswell.

1 Like