GAA betting 2024

Any Cork source in here think Inniscarra are a bet at evens today to beat Killeagh. Beat Ballyhea the first night and even though they were well bet by the Glen the last day seems like they were gearing up for this game with Sean O Donoghue to come back. Killeagh bet by the Glen in first game and lost to Ballyhea only scoring 4-9 (Ballyhea best player Pa O Callaghan went off injured in 1st half and were missing suspended centre back Tom Hanley).

No dice for the accum.

Bridge beaten well by Tullaroan, Mullinavat did win.

Mullagh beaten by a late Cappy fight back in Galway.

1 Like

Two very average teams …toss of a coin I’d say

1 Like

Few bits done for the weekend.

3 point accum PP
Ballyhale, Dicksboro & Borrisileigh at 21/10

My sources on the ground in KK say Ballyhale will have almost a full side out for their first round v the Village. TJ alone in any kind of form should be enough to see past a young Village side. 2/5 in pp is value in my book.

Dicksboro got their campaign back on track with a win over Thomastown last week. They have a much higher ceiling than ballycallan who’s manager walked out on them.

Borris are 1/4 to beat Lorrha but should be lower in my book. Yes, Lorrha did win the last day out and do have some excellent players but Borris are a top 4-8 side barring a poor draw and some poor game management in the group stages.

My weekend outsider bet looks like this currently.
Borrisokaine, Thurles Sars B, Dunamaggin & Moyne/Templetuohy.

I think Moyne will beat Newport with a bit to spare.

The other 3 teams are priced 15/8 (should be 5/4), 6/4 (should be 10/11) and 15/8 (should be 5/6).

I have a 0.5 point accum and 4x0.5 point trebles. If one comes up we will be in profit.

5 Likes

Is there some value in the 5/2 about Templederry beating Roscrea in your opinion

Its not really my thing anymore to put my money on ‘non-elite’ Club GAA Teams but there are a lot of ‘weak favourites’ in Tipp this weekend across the Premier Intermediate and Intermediate Championships.

Bar Moneygall and Golden who should win, the rest of the favourites could all be turned over.

I’m surprised Thurles B are outsiders against Cashel who haven’t fired at all really in this championship.

They should probably be nearer to 6/4 or 13/8.

Roscrea apparently hammered Templederry in a challenge a few weeks back but it wouldn’t really have any implications on this game.

It all depends whether Templederry have all their injuries back and if they can make it relatively tight at the back. If they can then 5/2 is worth a touch.

As @peddlerscross pointed out there’s not many dependable favourites in Tipp this weekend. Moneygall, Borris, Kiladangan, Loughmore the pick of the favourites.

2 Likes

Fair. I’ve also used Silvermines in a few bets, Treacys are dirt and a couple have gone to Dubai since their last game. I think Brackens with everyone back will give Toome a right game of it but would want 2s to back it

Loughmore -2 and Ballyhale -4 is floating around aswell think both lines might push out a point at least in each case. Are Ballyhale expected to have all of Mullen, Cody, TJ, Fennelly and the Corcorans back do you know? Considering there was twenty points between them last year the handicap becomes tempting if so.

1 Like

money for jam

They don’t have Colin Fennelly who’s named on the bench. After that, Darren Mullen and Brian Cody are away. They are gone into 1/3 now.

Ronan Corcoran who was unbelievable in 2022 and Joey Cuddihy aswell but James Stephens still missing Niall Brassil I presume

OLG 3/1 for the Leinster club hurling is very fair in my opinion given Boyles have them down as an 8/11 chance in Kilkenny.

Ballygunner 10/11 to win three games in Munster

1 Like

Clare champs might give them better game this year. Clonara look well improved.

Its effectively 10/11 Ballygunner to win away to the Limerick Champions one week after the Limerick County Final. There is no chance they are beaten at home to the Tipp Champions in a Semi Final or in a final at a neutral venue to a Cork or Clare team who have 15 points to make up on recent years.

Unless they pick up a few injuries, 10/11 isn’t bad. They were 4/5 this time last year.

OLG have looked excellent so far but Ballyhale are showing signs of life and will be hard bate. I like the two Dublin teams - whichever one of those two wins Dublin are nearly certainties to make a Leinster Final with the way the draw is. Both will feel they’ve left Leinster titles behind them the last two years and haven’t much ground to make up on OLG/Ballyhale.

I’ve had a fancy for Kilmacud all year and despite a slow enough start to the Championship, they might be timing it all just right.

Nuts how the Limerick county board cannot give there county champions at least a 2 weeks run in into the Munster club.

Rich coming from the fella who supports this season.

Yeah, the old system with championship games midweek in September and October with a 4 day turnaround for the winners was fantastic.

1 Like

St Eunans and Naomh Conall in Donegal SFC is 5\1 draw at the weekend for a draw(Boyles), the shortest price I have ever seen for a draw !

1 Like

Are Kilmallock a bit of value the weekend with Gillane sitting it out. Dead rubber so always hard to punt these type of games.