GAA betting 2024

They don’t have Colin Fennelly who’s named on the bench. After that, Darren Mullen and Brian Cody are away. They are gone into 1/3 now.

Ronan Corcoran who was unbelievable in 2022 and Joey Cuddihy aswell but James Stephens still missing Niall Brassil I presume

OLG 3/1 for the Leinster club hurling is very fair in my opinion given Boyles have them down as an 8/11 chance in Kilkenny.

Ballygunner 10/11 to win three games in Munster

1 Like

Clare champs might give them better game this year. Clonara look well improved.

Its effectively 10/11 Ballygunner to win away to the Limerick Champions one week after the Limerick County Final. There is no chance they are beaten at home to the Tipp Champions in a Semi Final or in a final at a neutral venue to a Cork or Clare team who have 15 points to make up on recent years.

Unless they pick up a few injuries, 10/11 isn’t bad. They were 4/5 this time last year.

OLG have looked excellent so far but Ballyhale are showing signs of life and will be hard bate. I like the two Dublin teams - whichever one of those two wins Dublin are nearly certainties to make a Leinster Final with the way the draw is. Both will feel they’ve left Leinster titles behind them the last two years and haven’t much ground to make up on OLG/Ballyhale.

I’ve had a fancy for Kilmacud all year and despite a slow enough start to the Championship, they might be timing it all just right.

Nuts how the Limerick county board cannot give there county champions at least a 2 weeks run in into the Munster club.

Rich coming from the fella who supports this season.

Yeah, the old system with championship games midweek in September and October with a 4 day turnaround for the winners was fantastic.

1 Like

St Eunans and Naomh Conall in Donegal SFC is 5\1 draw at the weekend for a draw(Boyles), the shortest price I have ever seen for a draw !

1 Like

Are Kilmallock a bit of value the weekend with Gillane sitting it out. Dead rubber so always hard to punt these type of games.

I’m actually surprised Patrickswell are favs, never mind 4/6

They’ve been poor and I think their Managament Team is poor too (which is reflected in the performances). Kilmallock have had good purple patches. Would actually be confident in a Kilmallock win there.

1 Like

Not surprised, theres hardly any scoring in the Donegal championship this year, so a damned good chance this ll be a draw or one point game

Is Gilllane out?

Yeah hand injury, in a race to get back for the quarter final.

Cratloe to beat Scariff (6/4) - Scariff almost certainly without Mark Rodgers and there’s niggles for Keelan Hartigan & Patrick Crotty. They’ve been flat in general since the opening game. Cratloe had a block of hurling the last couple of weeks and should be in good form.

Doubling them with

Kilmallock to beat Patrickswell (11/8) - Not mad on Patrickswell coaches. I feel like every team Conor Dolan goes to has been a failure in recent years (Galway Intermediate Camogie, Shannon Wolfe Tones) and Patrickswell have not been good so far this year. If that’s correct on Gillane being out and it being a dead rubber I’m going Kilmallock to win, with Patrickswell already handing their excuses in the bag when the final whistle goes (‘already through, rested players, knockout matches to come’ etc.)

Double is pretty much 5/1

3 Likes

Slightly off with the 5/1 there. It’s a fair summary, though—I wasn’t aware Rodgers was out. If the bookies knew or could confirm he was out, those odds would definitely be different.

I’d also say the odds would switch if they could guarantee Gillane is out as well.

Wasn’t off at all

Was 4.96/1

I see Cratloe are gone into Evens now though since that.

3.75/1 still there

Unlike Intercounty GAA or High Level soccer/rugby they’re literally relying on local traders getting any information possible, so the hesitation in price changes makes sense

3 Likes

Rogers had a broken bone in his foot two weeks ago and only came out of a protective boot during the week, may tog but will not be near 100% if he features at all. Gillane hand injury won’t be risked in a dead rubber game.

Ruan fancied to beat Sixmilebridge in intermediate who lost three best players from the group stages to senior but the odds against is well gone. Adare should beat a poor Liberties side. Adare have circled the wagons under Louis Mulqueen with a big win over Ballybrown, Hannon has 3-15 in his last two games and Ronan Connolly should curb Barry Nash influence.

Kilworth who were in a county final last year should have too much for Aghabullogue with county man Eoin Carey back and Ferns should take care of Oylegate minus Damien Reck.

1 Like

No Tipp or KK club hurling this weekend and I’ve been struggling to find much value other than what’s already been stated.

Newtownshandrum rarely get hammered and are playing Midleton who have been good of unspectacular so I’ve them +4, NA Piarsaigh of Cork are a good price at 13/8 to beat Castlelyons who are unproven at this level.
Kanturk at 11/4 is big against Blackrock. The game takes place in Fermoy where Kanturk defeated Glen rovers last year, they drew with Midleton in the group.

All three on the maroon & white pod fancied Portumna who are 7/4 in the Galway senior B.

Price on Tullogher (KK) & Kilmallock both gone from 13/8 to evens.

I’ve about 2 points put on a range of multis involving the above with Cratloe.

5 Likes

Playing football last weekend with 13 of the same starters won’t have helped Kanturk. But it is a massive price…and Blackrock will need to bring the physicality like Midleton did…hurling alone won’t win it

1 Like