GAA betting 2024

Derry into Christy Ring final

Fermanagh into Lory Meagher final

Roscommon miss out on Rackard final on score difference

Have a bit of a sniff anyway even though Derry will be hefty underdogs probably

3 Likes

Who are Fermanagh playing ? I’ve Longford backed since I heard Cian Darcy is with them.

They’re playing Longford in final

Fermanagh went thru round robin unbeaten and they drew with Longford today. Draw guaranteed both teams final so I’d say there was a bit of that in the end.

1 Like

Good stuff, I’ve a score on Longford at 4/1

That’s decent since they’ll be around 11/8 for the match itself I’d say

Fermanagh prob win it now I’d say though

I’ll let it play out anyway.

Tipp half time / full time 4/1 looks value to me.

1 Like

Few of the overs/unders markets on PP always make for interesting punting.

From an unders perspective, Michael breen under 0.5 at 8/11 seems a very reasonable bet.

He generally tags his man and Tipp don’t look for him on puckouts either. If cork continue to play 3 inside then he will spend large portions of the game inside.

On the overs, Jason Forde over 1.5 points from play is the one that stands out. He hasn’t been playing well but has still been getting opportunities around the middle, if he even plays 6/10 there’s no reason he can’t clip over 3 or 4 points.

I have 2 points on each.

The overall market for scoring points in the Clare/Waterford game is below the Tipp/Cork game, that is also worth a point.

5 Likes

I don’t think there is any logical way of thinking that has Tipp ahead of cork.

But there’s lots of unquantifiables like Cork struggling to put back to back performances together. Tipp in the long grass. Expectation not suiting Cork etc etc

If Cork lose it they are some clowns. You’d imagine Cork won’t get the same platform from puckouts again though

1 Like

I suspect Cork will win this but not by much.

Really?

Both played Waterford in Walsh park. Tipp drew. Cork lost.

Cork have to deal with an 8 day turn around against a side with two weeks off.

Everything is in tipps favour.

Tipp were the better side when they played below in Cork last year, Tipps inside line could well plunder 3-4 goals today.

Tipp are the value play in my opinion.

I do think cork have the best bunch of players outside of Limerick and Clare but their management team didn’t become a good management team. Limerick didn’t have to win last week either and that counts for a lot too. It leads to cork being slightly over rated in the market in my opinion.

I would agree with that. But if Cork show up like last weekend they blow Tipp off the field.

Limerick absolutely dismantled Tipp. They are not a good team.

Now Cork have struggled to back up performances.

But Corks ceiling is way higher

I wouldn’t put you off the bet at all. Just think if it happens Cork will have let themselves down

1 Like

Good work. I bottled the halftime handicap in the Cork game, just went for -7.5 @ 3s when I felt they’d run away with it

2 Likes

I knew at HT our goose was cooked but didn’t bother putting anything on it. Suffered without consolation.

Pat Horgan a big price for hurler of the year at 25s

Bet 2: Inagh Kilnamona to win the Clare SHC @ 5/1. (Boylesports) 5 points win.
Closing Balance: 85 points - Bets in play 15 points.

Draw made tonight and couldnt have gone better for I/K.

Clonlara/Ballyea/Eire Og/Clooney Quinn all in the same group so two will go out while I/K only have Scariff, Broadford and O’Callaghans Mills.

I have been a long term sceptic of I/K but i think bombing out at the group stage last year will have humbled them. Louis Mulqueen just didnt understand them and they have reverted back to the same manager who guided them to the 2021 County Final when they weren’t ready and went down to Ballyea by one point.

David Fitzgerald and Aidan McCarthy are now at the peak of their powers while Jason McCarthy is set to be back from injury and former Clare panelist Kevin Hehir is back from Australia. They have some good minors from last year like Hegarty x2 who should add to the thing and Rynne off the Clare 20’s is a fine player. Foudy in goals will never be forgotten for his Championship debut but his puckouts are a weapon. It mightnt mean a huge amount that they are unbeaten in 6 League games with 5 wins and a draw but it shows they do have depth in strength with a good few away with the County.

I think Ballyea are done. Gary Brennan is a big loss and so too is wing back Brandon O’Connell who was on Clare panel last year but is now in Australia. Tony Kelly is picking up more injuries and the core of their team are getting old with a lot of legs on the clock. I think Clonlara reached their ceiling last year and won’t replicate it. Sixmilebridge are trying to rebuild while traditional kingpins Newmarket are in the doldrums.

Clooney Quinn/Scariff/Cratloe/Kilmaley might take a scalp but won’t win it

That leaves Eire Og and I/K and I’m coming down on the side of I/K. A theme of my bets on the outright markets is teams who crashed out early last year and have a chip on the shoulder coming into this year and at 5/1 it is a very fair price.

6 Likes

Looks like I’ve just swung the market and I/K into 7/2 :joy:

Wexford are 5/2 to beat KK. I’ve purple and gold tinted glasses on but this is one of the worst KK teams of my lifetime against a team that are starting to click properly. I honestly think Wexford should be favourites or absolute worst 10/11 each of 2.

Antrim also 4/6 to beat Carlow at home. I’d make them closer to a 1/4 shot.

2 Likes