A 1.01 shot beaten.

3 Likes

Was a great call all the same

Who actually got it?

Can’t be many lads to score 3-3 and not get mom

1 Like

Mugs game lads

Didn’t watch it pal but they’ll have to give it to a Corkie

In fairness the logic is always betting the team you think will win.

So I can’t complain.

1 Like

Fitzgibbon

And I chatting about fitzgibbon with seamus hickeys uncle last night.

You couldn’t script it.

2 Likes

Hickey learned his lesson after giving Lee Chin MOTM after Antrim snatched victory at the end.

Seriously :joy::joy:

That’ll be like last mom of the match bet for a long time anyway.

This was some shout fair play lad.

Edit: Didn’t even realise he didn’t get it, some joke.

The operation went well but the patient died.

3 Likes

Donegal 9/2 is generous looking

Jennings put some amount of eggs in the Armagh basket I think.

1 from 6 for the weekend.

GTFI.

12 Likes

What’s his P&L like these days.

Always pisses me off when he does that. Three or 4 bets that all require the one winner.

If you fancy Armagh that much just lump on the win and stop trying to be clever.

Who the fuck would go Armagh -6 and they playing Donegal in an Ulster final. You’d want to be getting 50/1 on it

Offaly -11 :joy:

6 Likes

Useless

I think its so much better to play the long game in GAA Betting like this.

Have an opinion on something from the start of the year and go for it.

MOTM and FGS bets are fun bets but are never gonna pay in the long run.

Backing one team -11 or player X over 2.5 points are only going to break even for you at best over time. You’re in the lap of the gods much of the time on the handicap bet as GAA Managers only want to win and dont care about your -9 bet when they make a few subs.

I’m doing my research on the Ante Post County Championship markets at the minute and i think there’s some good value to be got on a few teams but theres no panic to pull the trigger yet as an injury or two may occur but the price might not change.

2 Likes

I know its still early in the year but going to start a bit of a log on the Club Championships this year. I thought I’d wait another few weeks but I can no longer stand idly by and look at some of the fine prices on offer for the County Championship Outright markets. I get a bit of a kick from playing the long game in any case.

I’m hoping that by posting my picks here along with some reasoning, I’ll be more accountable and keep my focus, as the fine, esteemed posters of TFK won’t be long letting me know about it if I’m not performing. For record purposes i will start with a bank of 100 points.

Bet 1: Kilmacud Crokes to with the Dublin SHC at 2/1. 10 point Win.
Closing Balance: 90 points.

I think this is effectively 2/1 to beat Na Fianna. I am happy to draw a line through everyone else. Cuala are in terminal decline and are more likely to be in relegation this year than a County Final. Ballyboden are done too and trying to start a rebuild. Vincent’s will be organised and wouldn’t want to be underestimated, but they don’t really have it. Lucan are the only team that could potentially upset the big 2 on an off day, but they are a level behind in my view. The rest can forget it.

Last year Crokes were 2/5 to win the corresponding fixture v Na Fianna. The context to that game was that Crokes had won the two previous meetings in County Final’s so Na Fianna (even without Donal Burke) were the hunters and were full value for their win. Crokes were on the back of a very good 2022 but they never fully fired last year losing badly to Lucan in the Group stage which wouldn’t have been in the script at all. Perhaps they underestimated how hard it would be to get back there again. I fancied Na Fianna strongly last year and even tipped them up here for Leinster at a huge price before the Dublin Championship even went to knockout.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and Kilmacud have become the hunters. They are still very young but a year older and have huge scope for improvement. They currently have 9 players involved with the Dublin Seniors and another 5 or 6 with the U20’s, 4 of whom are among their best. David Purcell who is only 18 is the real deal and will be a huge addition to them this year. Despite all these players being away with Dublin, they are still 7 wins from 7 in the Dublin County League, which shows their serious depth in strength. I think their ceiling is very, very high and its only a matter of time before they make the breakthrough at Leinster and All Ireland Level.

I think 2/1 is a great price even at this early stage and while I know injuries can happen between now and October, Crokes are better fixed to deal with them than anyone else with the tsunami of hurlers at their disposal.

11 Likes