GAA betting 2024

Didn’t see it. But sounds like I got lucky enough

Had a Speccy tenner on Galway HT Dublin FT when the Dubs went against the wind. 13/2.

3 Likes

Are Dublin and Kerry guaranteed to avoid each other until the final again?

You’d hope so for the sake of the game

Bang - Fermanagh win by 5. Comfortable really all the way

Ahh ffs

Fermanagh are a Rackard level team (were 1 score away from surviving last year) and have good coaching staff from what I know. Longford aren’t. Simple as that really - Cian D’arcy wasn’t going to change that in fairness to them.

No dice for Derry

Gave me a good run and got within 1 point 10 mins into the 2nd half.

Donegal to win Rackard final comfortably

Donegal -3 @Evens Bet365

-4 on PP is 11/10 if you’d prefer that

Beautiful

Donegal win by 4 :handshake::ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Great weekend for the Gaels of Fermanagh. Perhaps ridiculed by some they’re a fine County.

Bet 3 - Na Fianna to win the Dublin SFC - 4/1 - 4 point win
Closing Balance - 81 Points

A lot will depend on Baggio Brennan’s boys and how he integrates these new signings from around the country into an already stacked Kilmacud Crokes* dressing room but I think if they are to falter this year Na Fianna will be the ones to pick up the pieces.

Na Fianna were making really steady progress from around 2018 - 2022 (backboned by Eoin Murchan’s Class of 1996 who won a lot underage) when they lost the County Final by one point to a Shane Walsh inspired Crokes.

They bombed out spectacularly last year in the Group Stage in early September which will have humbled them but also given them plenty time to refresh and reset .It must be noted too that the game in which they lost to Vincent’s last year, they were without Murchan, Jonny Cooper and Conor McHugh who is their best forward and it was still a game they absolutely messed up and should have won handy only to be sucker punched in the end-game.

They have appointed ex Dublin Minor/U20 Manager Tom Gray as manager and have really hit the ground running this year. They have Jonny Cooper back anchoring the defence (he barely even played last year) and sit top of the League, running up some big scores and handing out a few pastings in the process - although my sources on the ground on Mobhi Road assure me the League is not a priority for them and its all about the Championship.

Now that Evan Comerford has torn his ACL, in David O’Hanlon, they will have the best goalie in the competition and there is a feeling its now or never for them. The draw has worked out fine for them too.

It might only be a small thing but the fact their Hurlers won the championship last year will only give them extra motivation - I get the sense there is a lovely rivalry between hurlers/footballers in these top Dublin Superclubs as they try to outperform each other.

Of the others, the train has left the station sadly for Ballymun, while Judes seem to be going backwards. You can forget about Ballyboden too. They only win Championships by default.

I know @Spidey has been talking up Ballinteer but the two outsiders who are of interest to me are Raheny and Cuala. Both have got some big players and are well capable of taking some scalps but wouldnt have too much depth beyond the first 15.

So it all comes back to Baggio’s boys. They’ve been on the road a while now and maybe the Glen Maghera defeat and influx of transfers will reinvigorate them, but they looked a tired, stale team at times in Dublin last year and while the road opens up for them if they come out of it again, i think they are vulnerable and Na Fianna are good enough to beat them.

4 Likes

How is it already stacked pal ?

Shur they’ve a load of players anyway. Bringing Cian O’Connor off the bench v Glen and he on the Dublin Senior Panel now.

They are the last club in Ireland that need players transferring in there. Although maybe the fact they couldn’t fulfill the fixture for the League Final last year suggests otherwise.

Already Stacked is hardly the correct description to a panel of probably 99% homegrown players . Lazy stuff .

We won’t fall out over terminology but i meant stacked with good players.

They already had the bones of 10 forwards who are up to it so the new fella from Sligo likely pushes one of the locals out of the starting 15 and one of the subs further down the pecking order.

That probably isnt a good thing.

I like Laois to temporarily take the wheels off the Offaly bandwagon this weekend.

Kilkenny -4 is evens. I think they’ll cover that reasonably comfortably.

I never back against Limerick but I think Clare are a big price at 9/4.

2 Likes

What do you mean by default ?

Ah I just never rated them that highly and thought the County they won in 2019 was soft.

Ballymun flopped in the group and Kilmacud ballsed up a semi final against Thomas Davis.

They’ve always been there or thereabouts to pick up the pieces but i wouldnt rate them a patch on the Vincent’s/Ballymun/Kilmacud teams of the past 10-12 years.

I’d be shocked if they won it this year.

1 Like

Fair enough, big statement considering they went into last years county final as favourites against the all Ireland champions

I thought those odds were a bit mad but i guess Crokes were only middling in Dublin last year.

Boden’s last 4 Championship exits have all been hammerings to Kilmacud 2021 & 2023, Na Fianna 2022 and Ballymun 2020.

They dont tend to fuck up vs the weaker teams in fairness but when the levels really go up in recent years they tend to come up well short.

1 Like