GAA betting 2024

How did that work out for the Findlay mug?

Harry has seen and done it all.

I’m sure he’ll be over in Croker for the Hurling Final.

That story from 1999 when JBM walked back into the Cork dressing room after the Semi Final win over Offaly to see Big Harry sitting in the corner clad from head to toe in Cork parafanalea telling Timmy McCarthy how well he played, is one of the funniest ever.

1 Like

Harry the dog has more friends in Cork than Cyril the sombrero

1 Like

He’s big into the Road Bowling down around Rosscarberry.

2 Likes

His book is a great read

1 Like

Unbelievable. The stories are just off the wall stuff

Forking out 35k as part of a charity auction to be 13th man for the Australian Cricket Team and earning the respect of Ricky Ponting was another great one.

They expected a rich kids son to turn up and instead got a big, fat middle aged Pom.

1 Like

Putting up a 2/5 double telpis :joy:

Bet 7: Whitehall Colmcille to beat Chraobh Chiaran at 11/8 - 3 point win.

Gannon and Costello listed to start for Whitehall. Without them they still have a chance, with them they should win handy according to my highly knowledgeable sources on the ground. The Chraobh had a terrible league and it’s hard to turn that around. I exoect the odds to flip pretty quickly on this one.

Bet 8- Kilmacud gone from 2/7 into 1/5 since yesterday. The treble of Crokes, Na Fianna and Whitehall still pays 2/1 so i will have 1 point on that.

Closing Balance - 56 points.

1 Like

Both @peddlerscross bets come in. Time to update the balance

4 Likes

3 bets actually. The big double, the treble and single on Whitehall. Only regret is not having more on.

My support of Whitehall swung the market as they went from 11/8 to 8/11 and duly obliged by 6 points.

Updated balance - 80 points with 30 points in play.

10 Likes

You’d have to laugh at lads giving out about someone pointing out value just because it’s too short.

3 Likes

That was probably a 1/10 double or worse.

2 Likes

It was.

Trouble is we might not get value like that again in Dublin for the rest of the year.

Maybe not, interesting what price Lucan will be against Cuala.

Sounds like Cuala put up a good fight today anyway.

I wish i had a strong opinion on the Tipp games tomorrow but I don’t.

The word on the street is Alan Flynn is out with an injury.
That makes the 5/2 available on Toomevara with BS as great value.
I’ll put 0.85 points on the win and cover all Toome bases with 0.15 points on the draw.

1 Like

Quick update of my club log is +4.9 points with 2 points in play on Loughmore at 15/2 outright for the Tipp SHC.

Total staked: 11 points.

1 Like

If lucan are any price at all they will be worth a punt. Cuala did well enough yesterday but they are very weak.

They’ll be at least 4/6 I’d would say.

Toomevara beaten by 3 in a game they could have won so current profit is 3.9 points.

Second outright bet is:
Moyle rovers at 9/1 for Tipperary SFC.
2 points EW (1/3 odds, 2 places)

They have won the league and the south already beating local rivals Clonmel commercials in both.

Commercials are 3/10 favourites which is a mental price given they are without Seamus Kennedy, Michael quinlivan and a good few others with injury. They’ll still be strong but is have them at 6/5 with Moyle and Loughmore in around 3 or 4/1.

2 Likes