GAA Clichés and Dublin Legends

He could.

He’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t though if things go wrong.

Again what is the real story here ??

I reckon it’s a thing of nothing and Cluxton has retired.

We have become used to middling players making big announcements on social media in a trawl to stay relevant. Cluxton has never been that type of operator, in fairness to him.

He’s gone, Farrell knows it, and it wouldn’t surprise me if all parties are happy with this fake distraction while they concentrate on the 7 in a row.

8 Likes

You could well be right

Roy Curtis was talking about “the inevitable big announcement” yesterday. There won’t be any announcement. It’s like Mick Lyons. Mick Lyons never announced he was quitting inter-county football. He just stopped playing.

There you are.

The only people making wind about it are media whores and the like. I doubt if anyone within the Dublin inner circle gives a bollix.

Cluxton has a pain in his hole winning all Ireland medals. Dessie doesn’t.

1 Like

Still available for selection but not being picked.

Or Cluxton wants to go out on top while Dessie goes down with the titanic.

Dessie just needs to get to three AI’s so he can make a career of after dinner speaking

Rattled …stage 5…yellow jersey territory …

1 Like

It won’t happen. Their dominance is over and Cluxton knows it. The result in Wexford yesterday is a clear indication of that.

They basically only have to beat Kerry in the final. That’s it, although I agree they are definitely on the slide

They’ll struggle to beat Meath and they won’t beat Kerry, Donegal, Mayo or Galway if they meet them.

Why would that be a reason for cluxton to leave ? He had about 10 years of playing before he got to play in an all Ireland final …

Go out at the top I’d say.

I think Dublin will still win the All Ireland this year. Only Kerry can beat them but they will have huge defensive deficiencies when they have to face the likes of O’Callaghan, Kilkenny etc.

Will John Small feature this year. He’s a bigger loss than Cluxton IMO

Cluxton knows there’s going to be a big furore when he steps away. There’ll be a circus and intense focus on his replacement(s). If he’d announced he was done back in January every single mistake made by Comerford or whoever would be scrutinised.

I’d say he retired months ago, the squad knows it but to avoid upheaval on the outside it’s as easy to string it out as long as possible.

Before you know it Dublin will be in the All-Ireland final and Comerford or whoever has a full league and championship behind him and the issue of replacing Cluxton has been completely diluted.

Cluxton has left a fair turd on Dessies plate. I’d imagine thats an added bonus of all this.

Comerford has played in a Leinster Final for Dublin already, he’s grand.

The point is I think Cluxton played through too many dark days to worry about this Muldoon bollox that he knows Kerry are coming to somehow tarnish his record so he’s ran off …

I don’t think Dublin will win this year but I didn’t think they’d win last year neither …someone who just sets out to get goals will beat them …I thought meath would give them a right game last year as leading up to that game they were banging in goals …but they totally froze…