GAA Clichés and Dublin Legends

Cluxton needs to just get on with it now. He’s made a big deal out of this, and he needs to clear the water and end the speculation. He owes that much to Dublin supporters.

They are there for the taking alright. No McCaffrey, Mannion - Cooper and McMahon finished and an injury to Small. I think Farrell could have done with a longer league this year to blood some new players and settle into the starting XV.

He now has a dilemma on who he calls on off the bench for a big game against Mayo or Kerry, the tried and trusted who are in decline or the young and unproven.

But I’d still put them as favourites with Kerry having a decent chance.

Tyrone and Donegal are in a state of flux, Mayo are still in transition, Galway are a couple of years away from being a serious team so it only really leaves Kerry who have question marks over them too when it comes to the crunch.

If anything happens one of Con, McCarthy, Fenton, Kilkenny or Fitzsimmons then Dublin are in big bother this year. If they all remain fit and healthy then I think Dublin will win.

Kerry are getting a lot of hype up off the bag of the league which they hit at full pelt.

3 Likes

Anyone in the GAA should give a bollox. Cluxton is as admirable a player as there has ever been.

Wexford wounded Dublin yesterday. The chasing pack can smell the blood seeping from that wound and will be much more confident in going for the kill. Their aura of invincibility has been damaged.

Wx wounded Dublin like Cark wounded Limerick. I.e. not at all.

Wexford are a division four side, Cork were Div 1.

I’d say an All Ireland this year would be sweetest of them all.

1 Like

I mean in terms of the internal Dublin setup.I suspect the issue has long been parked within it.

Cluxton was an outstanding player.

1 Like

I always liked him as a person also. Ploughs his own furrow.

sure didnt dessie do that loads of times to other people when he was with the GPA.

Didn’t he do it before that with his book …

1 Like

The pretend kerrymen have it bad for the Dubs

1 Like

He did

I’m throwing my weight behind Brian Howard to lead Dublin to the holy grail this year and win FOTY.

1 Like

What will that achieve?

It will make me money.

1 Like

Would you not be better throwing money behind it so?

I will be.

Somebody needs to steady the ship while Small, Murchan and Cooper are all out and the rest have retired.

He was good yesterday and was absolutely unreal when he went back into the backs in the 2019 final.

He’d give you a horn alright.

@myboyblue is sour about Howard as a few years back he was slating him here for not making himself available for DIT in Sigerson cup as he preferred to concentrate on Dublin …4 all Ireland’s and two all stars later Howard well and truly mugged off the blueboy…

4 Likes