GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

1 Like

Who was the Cavan manager in their dominant era ? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of him like Micko or Heffo …

Google it, John Joe.

1 Like

The point stands.

Just listened to that there now, enjoyable thoughtful interview, fair play @Malarkey, they’ll be making you a regular.

1 Like

An opening expected to come up with one of the Ulster counties in the coming days

1 Like

Fermanagh?

Do tell.

My word.

If Down players all buy in and the Kilcoo lads commit there are good prospects for them.

Mooney is one of the best players in the country and if they can get the likes of Conairre Harrison, O’Hanlon and Shay Millar back next year they will do well. They have plenty of pace in their ranks.

They’ll do well to undo the damage done by charlatans like Tally

I think Jimmy see similarities between Down now and Donegal in 2010.

There’s an under 20 team there from last year who mightnt be too bad. Yer man Shealan Johnson could be the answer.

Seems Jimmy will only be some sort of advisor to Laverty.

A bit of mad set up, surely if you’re getting McGuinness you have to give him the reigns.

His whole transition to professional sport has been beyond a flop

chased out of everywhere

Lennon giving him a job at Celtic followed by Rodgers demoting him says a lot about the two of them

2 Likes

It really shows how dense a lot of lads running soccer clubs are

Snigger

1 Like

I wouldn’t know the conveyor belt of talent in Down overly well but I wouldn’t say they have the same unfulfilled potential as Donegal would have in late 2010. Donegal were division 1 league champions in 2007 and had been in All-Ireland quarter finals in both 2007 and 2009 IIRC. Down just haven’t been at that level in a decade or so now. The one thing with Down is that they can develop a team from nowhere though as we saw in 2010. This would be an intriguing appointment.

I was reading through your post and I was about to make this very point. Laverty is no fool either. He’s biding his time and knows the score. If a cunt like Tally hasn’t done too much damage, Down could come very quickly.

1 Like

Tradition

1 Like