GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Good tradition, All Ireland Finalists 5 years ago, solid Div 1/2 team over the past decade. Loads of talented scoring forwards. Players like McKernan, Laverty, O’Hare, Poland. Others like Marty Clarke, Kalum King etc who old be tempted back into the county set up. Caolan Moneymore just having returned from Australia.

I don’t think it would be unreasonable to say Down are a top 12 team and McEntee shit himself when offered the chance to take them on.

I don’t think Nimby understands either management or the term “shitting yourself”.

This is one of the more bizarre ways of running a guy down. From the outside Brigids certainly seems like a failure, but with GAA clubs you simply never know whats going on.

Not sure why people think you HAVE to be no.1. Its often a far better job being no.2 etc.

1 Like

He was given a big opportunity but turned it down for a much lower profile job.

What do you think was his thinking behind that?

He didn’t want the job? It’s the only conclusion I can come to.

2 Likes

Down are one of the greatest counties ever to take the football fields, wankers like glasagusban wouldn’t be expected to know this.

Am hoping the rumours about the soon to be appointed Cork football coach are true :popcorn:

Where did he live? Maybe he didn’t have time to be trekking up to Down?

Time of his life, kids, didn’t like what he saw in the players, work etc etc

Fairly simple really.

Go on.

What has that got to do with anything. Look how they treated the last coach.

A former college and intercounty footballer. He’s won Cork and Munster Club Championships. A divisive figure on football fields, he’s already got some managerial experience under his belt.

No, surely not. :sweat_smile:

:popcorn:

Depends, who do you think it is :sunglasses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA27aQZCQMk

Nope, no that one.

Right. Billy Sheehan then, but nobody cares about him.

why is it so hard to spit it out, if its only a “rumour”

More fun this way.