GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

if you’re 8

1 Like

The fun was in sending you scrambling to your “contacts”

1 Like

I wouldn’t be bothering people with idle talk from some weirdo off the internet. A quick twitter search and nothing.

You’re full of shit.

Aww Kev, I’m sorry mate, I shouldnt have expected any less from you.

Yet he had a club job in Dublin. I think it’s fairly easy to draw an obvious conclusion, he was worried about his standing and worried that he would be a flop with Down thus damaging his reputation. He saw Brigids as a better CV builder but it has backfired spectacularly on him.

Reminds me of Owen Coyle running out on Burnley a few years ago when they were going well, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to sustain it. He then took a Bolton job when they were bottom of the table knowing there was little to lose. It the long run this opportunistic strategy ended up backfiring on him.

McEntee is not a good manager, IMO. He is an opportunistic one, he had an opportunity to take a big job on that would really test his pedigree but ran a mile away from it.

He’s waiting for the penalty kick job. He’ll be hoping he’ll step into Rochford’s shoes and hoping to add a few handy Connacht titles to his CV.

1 Like

Funny how a few posts back you were saying you weren’t running him down. You are one seriously sad cunt.

This is not professional sport.

And so what if it didn’t work out at Brigids. The one phrase that stood out from my childhood from my auld lad was “the boy who never made a mistake, never made anything”. Guess what, you are that boy, just like mbb and a lot more of the hurlers on the ditch here. You have never done anything, all you are is a crank who robs a living and will get found out some day.

3 Likes

I’m pointing out that McEntee is an opportunist who will select what he perceives to be handy jobs in order to propel his standing.

I gave my opinion of him but I don’t really care if he’s a success or not, I just happen to find his motives a little cowardly.

It seems that Armagh team is choc full of people of dubious character in your opinion.

Armagh players I don’t like, past or present:

The McNultys
Aaron Kernan
Aidan O’Rourke
Benny Tierney

1 Like

I didn’t mention you liking, I said in your opinion a lot of that team have dubious character.

B Tierney
J McNulty
E McNulty
F Bellew
A O’Rourke
K McGeeney
A McCann
P McGrane
J Toal
P McKeever
J McEntee
O McConville
S McDonnell
R Clarke
D Marsden
SUBS
T McEntee for McKeever.

Thats quite a high percentage, given we haven’t even scratched the surface of the rest.

Cowardly? How is taking a successful club team cowardly compared to an average Down team? Making an average ream better is way easier than an already winning team better.

Maybe he got offered more money at Brigids? More money, less stress, more coaching. At Down he would have to manage. Maybe he doesn’t want that. Maybe he realises there is a difference and for now at least he prefers hands on (like he will get at Mayo) and that he needs to learn more before being a manager at IC level. Maybe he is smarter than the likes of McGeeney et al and sees that.

If you knew GAA at all you would realise there are loads of cunts like yourself who write people off at the drop of a hat and that if he only did ok with Down it could affect him fetting the Armagh job in a different era. Look at Denis Walsh in Cork. Written off cos he did not “succeed” with the Cork hurlers. Yet it turns out they never gave him a chance. Now he is winning county titles in a couple of counties.

1 Like

Nominations for the Galway job need to be in by end of today…

I assume it will be…

• Mattie Kenny (yesterdays result wont have done him any favours)
  • Micheal Donohue (alot of people will tell you its a done deal)
  • AN Other (Will Daly go for it?.. I doubt h will)

Agreed re. Down. When Galway were winning the 3-in-a-row (a few hundred years ago), Down were in the mix.

It would take some payday to get daly out of Limerick.

2 Likes

Kenny has it

• AN Other (Will Daly go for it?.. I doubt h will)
    [/quote]

Leaving the soup on offer in Limerick aside,
no outsider will touch it

:-fearful:

Say it ain’t so

1 Like

:fearful:

This is all pointing to another handy one for the cats.

Lets have a look shall we.

Tipp: New manager. Possibly not the most popular. Some retirements. Posdibly in transition.

Clare. Donal og may or may not persuade Davy to let them play with the abandon they deserve. On their day could beat anyone but too sufgocated.

Wexford.

U21 defeat was a big blow and proved that they may simply not have the hurlers.

Waterford
Too interested in not losing rather than winning.

Cork

Again new manager and totally in transition.

Dublin

Too many manufactured hurlers and too much emphasis on s&c rather than hurling. Should play there games at the Aviva with Nigel Owens as ref. Might win something then.

Limerick: Basket case

Galway See Limerick

5 Likes

I lol-ed at that post. Particularly the limerick and Galway bits.

1 Like