GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Could he not just pay member ship to a club in Dublin? Like Parnells.

1 Like

The money goes the other direction in Parnells

Meath have appointed Andy McEntee as their manager. He managed Ballyboden to the club title last March.

Oh dear.

The Kilkenny coach or another Michael Dempsey ?

The one and only.

Would he be pals with Lilis! I thought he would have a fair idea of what it takes in management or was it all decided on costs

Well he wasn’t exactly a success as Laois manager himself. AFAIK he was also a former teammate of Lillis with Laois at one stage.

Costs was a major element alright.

How do you feel about that @Bandage Will he get it?

Eamon Kelly has stepped down in Offaly

Bethefuck.

I thought he might have stayed to progress the fat mess that is the Offaly senior hurling team.

The most unwanted job in hurling is available again.

He alienated a lot of players early in the year I believe by calling them fat and dropping lads who didn’t turn up to training. I presume they’ll get Sheedy back to interview lads again for his replacement.

He ended up with a couple of right fatties then.

Here’s his reason

But Kelly’s reign ended with a disappointing second-half collapse against Wexford in the opening-round of the qualifiers with the manager stating his unhappiness about county standard players not committing to the setup after the full-time whistle.

Eamonn says he’s not in position to stay for a second-year.

“Having reviewed the season just gone and considered the increasing personal and business demands on my time at present, I have informed Offaly County Board that I will not be in a position to continue as manager of the Senior Hurling team for 2017.

Mcgrath considering his position with Waterford hurlers.

He must have got a phone call from Martinstown

:cry:

Link?

Everyone is always considering everything

I met McGrath in February and he said to me then that this year would be his last no matter what, hopefully he changes his mind as I think he is 90% there with this team.
A new full back (Prunty from the 21s) and keep Dara Fives fit, the younger lads a year more mature and a year hungrier, carrying the hurt from last night…