GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

You don’t think much of Wexford but i admire your vivid imagination thereafter.

Plans are well underway to annex Carlow. I can’t say anymore at this time

1 Like

All the good land on the West side, Wicklow can have the East. #respect

Carlaois and Wicklowlow?

The Graigue boys are our advance battalion, Killeshin and Ballylinan units will pile in once the town is on fire. After that we’ll send in the Stradbally fellas to ransack and pillage.

1 Like

I could name 20 interco senior players living in the area. Only one plays for us

Portlaoise is a town, pal. Closest city to it is Kilkenny

He didn’t call Portlaoise a city, dipshit.

That’s great mate but I never said portlaoise was a city. Also, KK is not a city

Re-read your post, happy to take that back, mate

Thanks for your input on the matter. The name calling was unnecessary but expected

Delighted to hear today went well for you buddy. Must be a great relief and will help the weekend fly in now no doubt.

Eamon Fitz to get another 2 years in Kerry, will be ratified tonight.

Big clubs in Kildare now in towns with 30k populations having to amalgamate to field minor teams. Kildare under 17s beat Dublin but trend seems to be fewer players playing and game becoming more and more elite.

See it creeping in from the start in clubs. Streaming kids and drills being run for benefit of strongest kid and not weakest. Cunts doing it wouldn’t like a school to do it to their kids. Sorry Johnny you cannot add two and two - today we are doing fractions. It is only sport and main purpose should be participation until 16

After that let kids who are stronger off to pursue their dreams of getting a sponsored car and a gear bag and meals delivered

4 Likes

This is probably the wrong thread, but you are right.

I think the GAA should force expectations based on population. Clubs need to be told they have community responsibilities.

I saw in the local press down home that Portlaoise took the Laois County Board to the DRA a few weeks back to get a player to transfer to them from from a Junior Club in their parish. The transfer was deemed out of order due to the Laois GAA bye laws and the parish rule. The DRA upheld the Portlaoise case and allowed Portlaoise take the player, despite, and this is what is beautiful, despite, them saying that the rules were correct.

Sadly no one gives a fuck.

3 Likes

Portlaoise should have 3 clubs. I think a 10k rule might be a good one.

As TUM says its about participation. More clubs and i assure you more participation. Look at Castleknock. When people invest time and effort the pride and belongingness comes eventually.

Douglas and several Cork towns are GAA waste lands by and large for instance.

1 Like

It should. But when even Junior clubs a few miles outside the town aren’t protected by the associations own rules, what hope will a small club starting up in the town have? One tried over 10 years ago, but it got no support and died a death.

1 Like

a kid should be able to join nay team he wants