GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Its an addition to many things i have heard from management and players both in the media and in person say.

Further evidence.

I think there is a bit of pig ignorence and a little bit of bitterness towards CON thrown in there as well.

Being intelligent does not mean he cannot have those traits. Its my theory. Thats all.

Yes plausable.

Again, i would criticize if it was obvious he took a risk.

It’s not plausible.

He and the Dublin doctor allowed O’Carroll to stay on when it was obvious he was concussed.

The Dublin doctor had earlier diagnosed Jonny Cooper with a far less obvious concussion and he was substituted. The difference was that when O’Carroll was concussed Dublin had no substitutions left to make.

Winning at all costs overrode the safety of the player (it was actually 16 minutes he played for, not 12).

You need to drill down a bit deeper into the statistics, average age doesn’t tell the full story.

Kerry played 8 outfield players 30 or over (6 starters), Dublin only played 3, and two of those only turned 30 in the last two months.

Dublin finished the game with no outfield players 30 or over, Kerry finished with 4 players 30 or over.

2 Likes

No i don’t. I am just showing any angle can be taken.

Te 2 fucking numbskulls have no idea what ye are talking about and have tied yourselves in knots here. Its great. :joy:

Deluded simpletons are easily amused, so it’s no surprise you’re amused.

You haven’t a notion what you’re talking about.

Conditioned has become the new fitness. Words start to be used to obfuscate.

Anybody who was at the match knows the game was up for grabs with five minutes to go. Post game narrative always is driven by result when actual result can hinge on one or two calls.

Nobody is seriously saying that Cluxton and Dublin lack of composure at end of first half was a failure of preparation but if one wanted to start arguing that then you can find evidence to support it.

2 Likes

Average age of starting outfield players.

Kerry 28.7
Dublin 26.8

Average age of finishing outfield players

Kerry 28
Dublin 25.8

Would be interesting McStay wasn’t universally approved for the Roscommon job - didn’t realise it was going back out to open tender.

Conditioned is a word that can be used in many ways.
I know many other people who were at the game, kerrmen included who said they always felt it was Dublins.

The reason i made conditioning the difference here was due to Kerrys mental failing and drop in skillexecution late on.
That is conditioning.

You are wrong

They are facts I have put forward.

+1. You’ll get certain people who work in S&C who spin the narrative that matches like Dublin-Kerry were entirely decided on conditioning. They’re either naive/passionate types who know a lot about a little or are more strategic types trying to build up their own industry.

With the latter I can’t help but feel if they worked in sport psychology then they’d be arguing that strong mentality was the decisive factor. Or if they worked in another field whose attributes are needed in a multi-faceted sport like football then they’d be apportioning the victory completely to that.

4 Likes

Quite the opposite in fact. This is what decides football matches.

• 15-20 years of a good coaching background for the individuals.
  • 15-20 years of supportive environment
  • lots of failure
  • lots of resiliance
  • coming together of ability as adults
  • a good manager who puts all the pieces together (S&c, rest, sports science, selectors advice, picking teams, psychology etc)
  • tick all the boxes in relation to preperation
  • consistancy
  • lots of failure
  • lots of resiliance
  • a bit of luck.

But many teams maych each other clise enough in all of this. So it comes down to inches. I saw it somewhere recently that S&C is like trust. You never notice it when its there, but its obvious when its not.

You are a fan Bandage. You ho to the box seats sometimes. I don’t expect you to look out for this stuff or understand it.

1 Like

Bandage played the game at a lot higher level than you. He was an underage star, he knows what it takes, you just put training cones out for a bunch of dykes.

The correct average age of the starting 15s in this year’s semi-final was Dublin 27 years and 7 months, Kerry 28 years and 8 months.

I’m only using the outfield players as stated.

Brendan Guckian is the new manager of the Leitrim Senior football team after his appointment was formally approved by clubs at a meeting of the Leitrim GAA County Board tonight (Thursday, September 8).

The St. Mary’s Kiltoghert clubman received the backing of delegates in a majority decision to succeed former manager Shane Ward at the meeting, closed to the press, in Pairc Sean Mac Diarmada on Thursday evening.

Guckian will be joined on a high powered management team by former Leitrim and Galway manager John O’Mahony, 1994 All-Star Seamus Quinn and former Mayo player Michael Moyles.

Guckian has been appointed manager with Seamus Quinn role as a selector while Michael Moyles will carry out duties as the team’s coach/trainer.

Former Leitrim and Aughawillan goalkeeper Thomas Quinn will join the backroom team as the trainer of Dublin based players.

Two-time All-Ireland winning manager John O’Mahony will act as an advisor to the new Senior team management with a selectorial role.

A statement on the new appointment from the Leitrim County Board is expected in the coming days.

Then it’s Kerry 29.0, Dublin 27.0.

oooft

28.7 and 26.8 to be more exact, mate.