GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

The Kerry mindset is such that I am convinced a lo of these older players, and Fitzmaurice, are hanging on here to allow the strong minor sides to come through. Not sure they have any huge expectation of winning the AI but just doing the county a service by remaining competitive and allowing the first batch of young lads to come into the experienced group so the overall transition won’t be as painful

1 Like

We were in a similar situation this year at club where our hand was forced by injuries and absences. Ended up having to start 4 promising minors in a championship game and were routed. Game completely passed the younger lads by and people were doubting them etc. Then for the last two games we got some of the more experienced lads back in the side and only two of the minors started. Both produced excellent performances in both games, a lot of it down to having the support and experience of more senior players around them. Now with a years senior under their belts and strong finish to the year the squad as a whole will be much stronger next year. Different levels obviously but probably similar enough scenarios.

2 Likes

Ya sometimes you have to be willing to take a year or 2 of suffering, and hurlers on the ditch. You find out alot about them too and gives you far cleaer things to work that may not be as obvious as minors.

How twee

Absolutely. The confidence it gives young players to be surrounded by fellas they respect and would have watched over the years is huge. Also the physical aspect that less likely to be bullied etc.

Not every County could convince multiple AI winners to hang around like that but the Kerry crew are quare hawks

I don’t think its entirely like that. I think there is a belief/arrogance that they are always within touching distance of an AI. They think in medals in Kerry and i would think its as much selfish as sacrificial.
Its probably somewhere in the middle. Marc O’Se may be doing what you suggest, but i doubt Mahoney is.

2 Likes

I think they would be better off having suffered a couple of bad years and having these lads kicked on with their progression than being at the stage now where they’re going to be relying on unproven players to turn it on. I think Kerry are a good 4 years away from an All Ireland but their easy route will mean they will be last 4 in those intervening years

Cluxton 34 years 7 months
McMahon 28 years 11 months
Cooper 26 years 9 months
Byrne 22 years ? months*
McCarthy 26 years 5 months
O’Sullivan 28 years 5 months
Small 23 years 7 months
Fenton 23 years 5 months
McAuley 30 years 0 months
Flynn 30 years 1 month
McManamon 29 years 8 months
Kilkenny 23 years 1 month
Rock 26 years 6 months
Connolly 29 years 1 month
Brogan 32 years 4 months

Average age 27 years 2 months

Kerry
Kelly 26 years 7 months
Enright 28 years 2 months
Griffin 25 years ? months*
Young 29 years 7 months
O’Mahony 36 years 2 months
Crowley 26 years 3 months
Morley 23 years ? months*
Donaghy 33 years 5 months
Moran 28 years 1 month
Maher`30 years 0 months
Murphy 25 years 0 months
Cooper 33 years 2 months
Walsh 32 years 1 month
O’Sullivan 30 years 3 months
Geaney 25 years 9 months

Average Kerry age 28 years 8 months

*months not included in calculations for these players

Its hilarious i got these cunts to waste more of tgeir bosses time calculating ages.

Fucking morons

1 Like

Everybody knows feng shui was the key factor in Dublin’s win.

Or you got caught out spoofing again.

I’d calculate your mental age as about 12, pal. :grinning:

Says the fella who claims to know all the variencies in Strength & Conditioning Science. :joy::joy::joy:

Its something i can dip in and out of. When you work with kids its a necessity.

Never claimed to. I just think you’re an imbecile who knows nothing trying to propel his niche area as an all encompassing factor in sport.

Of course it is. Its related to preparing the body to be the best it can be for that sport.

The only stupid thing is tge stupid people who seperate these things as if there were external priducts to the organism.

The only stupid people are the ones who put the reason teams lose or fail to reach expectations down to s&c preparation. The reason most of the time is that the winning side have more natural talent. You spoofing on about a fat spoofer in short shorts being the Messiah shows the contemptible idiot you are.

There is little evidence to support the concept of natural talent.

You’re ignorance is amusing.

Yesterday you were saying the opposite.:grinning:

2 Likes

Little? Most of the time it’s the guy who was an exceptional footballer underage who makes it big. Guys who are spotted at 8/9 years old and go on to make it great. Natural talent is indisputable. It’s like this, I have it and you don’t. There’s nothing you can do about it.