GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Has anyone had an opportunity to break the news to Liam Dunne?

Whatever. People who think like you are dumb. They won it. Something won it for them. I have come to think it was years of hard work by a number of people not including Davy.

But it has fuck all to do with KK & Tipp. Neither could do it that yeat. Tipp lost to KK. KKlost their discipline v. Cork. Clare beat Cork. Simples.

Predictive text, pal. I will edit.

Of course it was. Just cos your crowd went to shit.

Fucking dumbass.

Christ you’re an awful fucking eejit. A shit Cork team were seconds from winning the All Ireland and you think the standard was just as high as always.

1 Like

JBM & Davy have very similar timelines.

JBM was spoofing as well. Let tgere be no doubt about that. We will never know the pitential of Cork of that era.

Not too cut in on @Gman but if the processes is anything like the football, the hurling board interview prospective candidates and then give a shortlist with their favourites to County Chairman & Secretary. The latter two talk money and make the final choice…

Ah here. Those two are allowed to decide who the manager is. Fuck me.

Our county board reps will surely get a say?

There’s lads on that Cork team that had trouble hitting the ball off both sides ffs, and I’m the biased one

Was there separate sub committees appointed to source new football and hurling managers?

Or was it just the chairman and secretary doing the interviewing?

If you do not think luck has a part to play in the outcome of a sporting event then you cannot be helped. Henry Shefflin got sent off in that semi final v’s Cork. The Red card was rescinded in what was an admittance that the decision to send him off was incorrect. Cork benefited hugely as a result at the time and Clare ultimately in the fullness of time. Surely that cannot be hard to grasp.

Sub Committees, but the Chairman would have also have sat in on the interviews

1 Like

@Appendage

doesnt seem to be. There is a committee set up to find/interview managers. That committee is Diarmuid Devereux, Margaret Doyle, Dermot Howlin, John Conran , Ibar Murphy , Philip Howlin and Georgie Foley. The info I had heard was the chairman was actively ensuring that it was a committee decision, even if the committee was being pushed in terms of selction/deselection.

However I have seen committees set up for proposing hurling managers and the chairman ignoring the preferred candidate and doing his own thing.

2 Likes

I don’t think he should have got off.

I do believe strokes of luck play a part. But if i remember correctly the 2nd yellow didn’t need to be a play he needed to make. He could have played safer. Which would inducate luck had nothing to do with it. Took a risk and lost.

Completely regressed? I would say if you use the term regressed you must also acknowledge the fact he absolutely brought them to a peak in winning the AI.
I think they are a very talented bunch who have just seen the game change since 2013. Physicality & faster movement of the ball from defence to attack probably hindered them alright.

Davy did with that team what the County could only dream of in an era of KK dominance.

Whether the new coaching/management ticket can either make progress with the last game plan or new game plan will determine if Davy ruined that squad. To say otherwise at this stage is utterly stupid & fits your mindset perfectly.

We loves a good committee in Ireland, so we do.

1 Like

I cannot discuss this with you

I consistently belittle your stupid arguments. Deal with it dumbass.

I know there is a preferred candidate in the football, but it may come down to money. It’s not the most lucrative job, I think there may be more finances available for the hurling via external donors. Davey can’t be cheap…

You are too far below my level of experience and knowledge. And thats fine with most people at your level as they want to learn. But you don’t want that. You just want to win arguments.