GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Of course it is others who called me a lateral thinker. Not myself. But i am happy to take the title.

1 Like

:joy:

You are something else Kev

4 Likes

Kev, do you think Davy can ever change? He has definite qualities but issues around control, jealousy, refusing to allow coach input, overriding their plans etc have followed him around.

Plenty of kids had genetic advantages, plenty of kids boxed all their childhoods. The fact was Mayweather was just supremely gifted. He has natural talent and he has an insatiable work ethic for boxing. Mayweather just gets boxing, he doesn’t need a corner guy telling him what to do, he just gets it.

Of course he can change. But there has to be a will, or maybe a carrott, or a set of guidelines.

You have to need or want to change. Itherwise it won’t hapoen. It has to be intrinsic

I largely agree.

But he learned the game all the ways up. He was not born with that, he was born with the capabilities to absorb the lessons. Which is why he may have been successful at other sports also.

I know you want to believe everything is pre-ordained so your laziness can sit easily with you, but thats not the case.

How exactly do we know it was the players?

Because he made shit of them since.

The fact is it was other lads that moulded this team and put them together.

Maybe a year was just not enough time for Davy to fuck it up

Capabilities to absorb what he was thought is a natural talent though

Coaches have probably been at their wits end with certain players who have all the technical and physical attributes to be great but they just don’t have the capabilities to learn how to put it to use.

@Gman is this a solo run by the chairman? The whole process seems to be absolutely fucked up.

Or maybe he got the most out of a limited bunch for a year, while also getting lucky that they didn’t have to play Tipp or KK

1 Like

Why are you being so negative about this coup?

You think they are limited?

Completely disagree. No evidence whatsoever to suggest that. They have all regressed under Davy.

Not playing Tipp/KK is neitger here nor there. They beat the team who beat KK. Tipp were shit that year.

Tipp and Kilkenny slit each others throats down in Nowlan park that year with Kilkenny just doing enough to survive. Cork were an Anthony Nash double save from losing to 14 man Kilkenny. Clare were haunted to win that All Ireland.

Coup in the good sense or bad?

I’m negative about the process, pal. And the executive of Wexford GAA for determinedly running the thing into the ground.

And I’m particularly disgusted with the people using a ‘journalist’ to plant stories in the national media instead of having the courtesy to discuss the issue in house.

To assure Davy Fitz that Dunne was out of the running is one thing but to relay details of that to a propaganda machine who then gets it published under someone else’s name is pretty cheap.

And the planting of the story re Dunne’s holiday in March was fucking treasonous.

Dunne has many faults but he’s done more for Wexford than the current chairman or secretary have and deserves some bit of respect.

5 Likes

Oh, I actually agree with this.

Aside from the bit I don’t understand - what’s the PEA?

You think they are limited?

Completely disagree. No evidence whatsoever to suggest that. They have all regressed under Davy.

Not playing Tipp/KK is neitger here nor there. They beat the team who beat KK. Tipp were shit that year.

The standard of hurling that year was way down on the previous years or what it is now. They have talented players but most of them are midgets who get overpowered easily

1 Like