GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

TJ to Laois is the rumour doing the rounds here in O Moore Park. Good fuck.

Lift and whack

It seems once you get a county job you are in, for life, no matter how shit you are.

1 Like

Kilgallon?
Reid?
Hooker?

3 Likes

There’s only one Teege

Surely not… TJ is a nice guy, but you’d be mad to appoint him after 2 years of underachieving with Limerick. Can’t see what he’d offer Laois really.

That’s what you get when you have two football Yahoo!'s over a county. Shur they ran cheddar.

I know Cheddar took over at a point when nobody else really wanted it, but you’d think there would be some sort of interest outside the county from a manager looking to cut their teeth at intercounty level, similar to Carey at Kerry?

TJ wouldn’t be as bad as Teddy fucking McCarthy but it’s a tough job, I know there’s been a lot of retirements recently and someone with an intelligent gameplan is needed to maximise resources.

No money there. No impetus from County Board. Cheddar wanted to implement a plan for the entire set up, top to bottom, and they wouldnt back him. TJ would be an idiot to take it, anyone would. It’s done.

Was thinking the same re the Offaly job. Even if you amalgamated the two you wouldn’t get a decent team

Teege was at the races today. He has had enough of limerick hurling and did not go to see adare & ballyb.

I’d say his options are limited

Possibly been discussed already but why did all of Cian O’Neill’s backroom team step down?

Ooooft.

Kev will be seething at any sort of negative assertions being made of Cian O’Neill.

Do they not know that Cian O’Neills teams generally progress very well in year two?

Maybe Cian felt they were holding him back and gave them the bullet.
There’s actually a great line his press release:

"One of the many reasons that I sought out the three lads to join the management team initially was their professional commitment and success off the field in addition to the many years of distinguished service that they gave to Kildare GAA on the field. "Ironically, it is this career success and progression that is the core determining factor in their departure from the set-up and I wish them well in the new challenges that lie ahead for each one of them.”

All three of them.

6 Likes

“core determining factor”. :laughing:

The tautology in that statement amuses me.

1 Like

Thinly veiled, they got too big for their boots.

1 Like

What is tautological about the statement?

“Core determining”