GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

If there’s one single thing that TFK hates it’s tautology

3 Likes

Is that truly a tautology though?

Can you have more than one determining factor?

Could you have core and non core determining factors? I think so.

1 Like

That or

• they did not understand his approaches.
  • they never expected the workload needed
  • they don’t believe (because they don’t know and have no tradition of) what he believes it takes to win
  • they struggled to listen to someone who “hasn’t been there”
  • he is not good at being no.1 and struggled to delegate and they saw this as dictatorship (common mistake)

Going from supporting act to main man is a big change. And not everyone is cut out for either role when good at the other.

Or he’s a bluffer

2 Likes

Or they are

So you are saying it’s not O’Neill’s fault?

Quelle surprise. Do you have a framed photo of Cian O’Neill and yourself hung up at home?

1 Like

“Core determining”. But for avoidance of confusion, I meant the full statement that @TreatyStones posted. I feel it should have been tightened up as follows:

"One of the many reasons that I sought out the lads to join the management team was their professional commitment and success off the field in addition to the years of distinguished service that they gave to Kildare GAA.

"Ironically, it is this career success that is the determining factor in their departure from the set-up and I wish each of them well in their new challenges.”

He brought S&C to the mainstream of the GAA allowing all the other charlatans to follow in his slipstream. I’d say the likes of Kev have medals of him around their neck to keep them safe

1 Like

I have no idea.

And who is to day there is any fault. We can read between the lines, but at the end of the day as of now there foesn’t seem to be anythibg obvious at play.

Maybe its just one lad was an issue or one relationship and that led to the other 2 siding with him.

Coukd well, as i indicated, be CON made a balls of being in charge. Could be alot of things

I like the use of the word core in his original statement. I think it give it more oomph.

1 Like

No he didn’t. Plenty lads before him.

‘Determining’ suggests ‘core’ surely. Can you have a peripheral determining factor? Not in the context given I would have thought.

2 Likes

It gives a nice vagueness to the statement, subtly implying their were other reasons

1 Like

exactly

I would say you could have a non-core determining factor

1 Like

A woman can be a peripheral determining factor.
A board member could be.

Could they?

Surely some of the boys here would have been of Cians vintage in UL?

You seem adamant to defend O’Neill or spin something favourably for him every time his name is mentioned. Your spin of Kerry’s defeat to Dublin’s in subsequent years in order to inflate O’Neill’s value were completely in contrast to the information available as was your spin on Kerry’s injury and fitness problems before and after O’Neill. It’s bizarre how you will bash others based on little evidence but won’t hear a bad word on O’Neill no matter how damning the information everyone has in the public domain.