GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Jesus

With the carbon footprint the Wexford managers will leave there will have to be another UN conference to reevaluate emissions.

1 Like

I should have logged that in the Poor Journalism thread while I was at it.

As Banty takes the reigns in Wexford, let’s hope his rein is a successful one.

Do we know any Welford gaa supporters with monaghan connections who might have facilitated this?

Is @Bandage courting bantys daughter

1 Like

Bunty?

2 Likes

I didn’t have any part in this other than quickly garnering his interest in a brief conversation in his Dusty O’Neill’s pub in CMX (that’s “our” way of saying/typing Carrickmacross) a while back and giving the feedback to the powers that be.

1 Like

it was hardly with the quality of footballers ye have. What other inducements did you offer?

Ger Cunningham and David Herity join Ger Cunninghams backroom team in Dublin.

David Herity is looking after the ladies too

Waterford selector Fintan O’Connor to take over at Laois. Skin Ryan, who interviewed for the Wexford job and impressed in the interview, is now in the running for the Offaly job.

I’m almost afraid to ask. Go on so…

What?

I’ve never heard of the chap in my life, I’m afraid to ask for some info, but go on and give it anyway.

He’s the chap who squared up to Cody in August. A Kildare born former rugby coach living in Passage.

1 Like

Is Derek McGrath definitely remaining as Waterford manager, @Fagan_ODowd?

Yes he has issued his invites for the extended panel and chosen the replacement for Fintan O’Connor.

1 Like

Sounds perfect for Laois

Nice to see Kildare lending some hurling expertise to their near neighbours.

1 Like

Just of sort of fella you’d expect to be chosen by a board made up from football clubs.

‘I would never have played myself’ - is there something missing in that quote or does he mean he never played?

1 Like